Nov 20, 2012, 10:45 AM EDT
Stephen Curry had probably his best game as an NBA player Monday night — 31 points, 20 of those in the fourth quarter and overtime, plus 9 assists. He won Golden State the game.
He also had a minor tweak of his ankle that he played through. With most players this wouldn’t be a big deal, but with Curry — who has had multiple ankle surgeries and missed a lot of game time last season due to ankle concerns, ones that flared up again in the preseason — it is a big deal.
But Curry downplayed the ankle tweak after the game, saying it happened in the fourth quarter on a drive down the lane. From Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com.
“I got hung up and landed on it,” Curry said. “As long as I can walk and run, I’m going to play. I’ve been through this a lot so it’s nothing new for me.”
Let’s hope so, but it’s something to monitor.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 5
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22