Nov 20, 2012, 10:45 AM EST
Stephen Curry had probably his best game as an NBA player Monday night — 31 points, 20 of those in the fourth quarter and overtime, plus 9 assists. He won Golden State the game.
He also had a minor tweak of his ankle that he played through. With most players this wouldn’t be a big deal, but with Curry — who has had multiple ankle surgeries and missed a lot of game time last season due to ankle concerns, ones that flared up again in the preseason — it is a big deal.
But Curry downplayed the ankle tweak after the game, saying it happened in the fourth quarter on a drive down the lane. From Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com.
“I got hung up and landed on it,” Curry said. “As long as I can walk and run, I’m going to play. I’ve been through this a lot so it’s nothing new for me.”
Let’s hope so, but it’s something to monitor.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0