Nov 20, 2012, 10:45 AM EDT
Stephen Curry had probably his best game as an NBA player Monday night — 31 points, 20 of those in the fourth quarter and overtime, plus 9 assists. He won Golden State the game.
He also had a minor tweak of his ankle that he played through. With most players this wouldn’t be a big deal, but with Curry — who has had multiple ankle surgeries and missed a lot of game time last season due to ankle concerns, ones that flared up again in the preseason — it is a big deal.
But Curry downplayed the ankle tweak after the game, saying it happened in the fourth quarter on a drive down the lane. From Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com.
“I got hung up and landed on it,” Curry said. “As long as I can walk and run, I’m going to play. I’ve been through this a lot so it’s nothing new for me.”
Let’s hope so, but it’s something to monitor.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 10
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 7
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15