Nov 20, 2012, 10:45 AM EDT
Stephen Curry had probably his best game as an NBA player Monday night — 31 points, 20 of those in the fourth quarter and overtime, plus 9 assists. He won Golden State the game.
He also had a minor tweak of his ankle that he played through. With most players this wouldn’t be a big deal, but with Curry — who has had multiple ankle surgeries and missed a lot of game time last season due to ankle concerns, ones that flared up again in the preseason — it is a big deal.
But Curry downplayed the ankle tweak after the game, saying it happened in the fourth quarter on a drive down the lane. From Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com.
“I got hung up and landed on it,” Curry said. “As long as I can walk and run, I’m going to play. I’ve been through this a lot so it’s nothing new for me.”
Let’s hope so, but it’s something to monitor.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30