Nov 20, 2012, 10:45 AM EDT
Stephen Curry had probably his best game as an NBA player Monday night — 31 points, 20 of those in the fourth quarter and overtime, plus 9 assists. He won Golden State the game.
He also had a minor tweak of his ankle that he played through. With most players this wouldn’t be a big deal, but with Curry — who has had multiple ankle surgeries and missed a lot of game time last season due to ankle concerns, ones that flared up again in the preseason — it is a big deal.
But Curry downplayed the ankle tweak after the game, saying it happened in the fourth quarter on a drive down the lane. From Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com.
“I got hung up and landed on it,” Curry said. “As long as I can walk and run, I’m going to play. I’ve been through this a lot so it’s nothing new for me.”
Let’s hope so, but it’s something to monitor.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 11
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 22
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30