Nov 20, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
The Spurs need help at the three — starter Kawhi Leonard is out at least another week with tendonitis in his knee, then last night his backup, Stephen Jackson, broke the little finger on his shooting hand and is out at least a month.
The Spurs have called up James Anderson from the D-League but they are looking for more veteran help, too, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN.
Hearing Spurs do have interest in Mickael Pietrus — natural w/2 other Frenchmen on roster — but Pietrus still seeks more than NBA minimum
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) November 20, 2012
Pietrus has been stubborn about not taking the league minimum to the point he is not in the NBA right now. While the Spurs could offer more than the league minimum, if they do they move over the luxury tax line.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 36
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85