Nov 20, 2012, 2:25 PM EST
The Spurs need help at the three — starter Kawhi Leonard is out at least another week with tendonitis in his knee, then last night his backup, Stephen Jackson, broke the little finger on his shooting hand and is out at least a month.
The Spurs have called up James Anderson from the D-League but they are looking for more veteran help, too, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN.
Hearing Spurs do have interest in Mickael Pietrus — natural w/2 other Frenchmen on roster — but Pietrus still seeks more than NBA minimum
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) November 20, 2012
Pietrus has been stubborn about not taking the league minimum to the point he is not in the NBA right now. While the Spurs could offer more than the league minimum, if they do they move over the luxury tax line.
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 0
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 7
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 2
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 5
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)