Nov 20, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
The Spurs need help at the three — starter Kawhi Leonard is out at least another week with tendonitis in his knee, then last night his backup, Stephen Jackson, broke the little finger on his shooting hand and is out at least a month.
The Spurs have called up James Anderson from the D-League but they are looking for more veteran help, too, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN.
Hearing Spurs do have interest in Mickael Pietrus — natural w/2 other Frenchmen on roster — but Pietrus still seeks more than NBA minimum
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) November 20, 2012
Pietrus has been stubborn about not taking the league minimum to the point he is not in the NBA right now. While the Spurs could offer more than the league minimum, if they do they move over the luxury tax line.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 0
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 18
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12