Nov 20, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
The Spurs need help at the three — starter Kawhi Leonard is out at least another week with tendonitis in his knee, then last night his backup, Stephen Jackson, broke the little finger on his shooting hand and is out at least a month.
The Spurs have called up James Anderson from the D-League but they are looking for more veteran help, too, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN.
Hearing Spurs do have interest in Mickael Pietrus — natural w/2 other Frenchmen on roster — but Pietrus still seeks more than NBA minimum
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) November 20, 2012
Pietrus has been stubborn about not taking the league minimum to the point he is not in the NBA right now. While the Spurs could offer more than the league minimum, if they do they move over the luxury tax line.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 0
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 53
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9