Nov 20, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
The Spurs need help at the three — starter Kawhi Leonard is out at least another week with tendonitis in his knee, then last night his backup, Stephen Jackson, broke the little finger on his shooting hand and is out at least a month.
The Spurs have called up James Anderson from the D-League but they are looking for more veteran help, too, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN.
Hearing Spurs do have interest in Mickael Pietrus — natural w/2 other Frenchmen on roster — but Pietrus still seeks more than NBA minimum
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) November 20, 2012
Pietrus has been stubborn about not taking the league minimum to the point he is not in the NBA right now. While the Spurs could offer more than the league minimum, if they do they move over the luxury tax line.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20