Nov 20, 2012, 3:33 PM EDT
Well, here is some good news for Washington. And they could use it.
Brazilian center Nene had been out all season (and parts of last season) battling plantar fasciitis in his foot, could return and suit up with the team Wednesday night, reports Ric Bucher, NBA analyst for Comcast Sports and NBC Sports Network (via Sulia).
Nene went through a full two-hour workout today and while it remains to be seen how he responds tomorrow, there’s a good chance he could go vs. the Hawks. Happy Thanksgiving to the Wizards, indeed.
The Wizards are a disaster at 0-9 and most of the problem has been on the offensive end of the court. Coach Randy Wittman ripped them publicly after their win Monday night.
And he said he needed help. Nene would be that — he averaged 14.5 points on 60.7 percent shooting in just 11 games with Washington last season. Which are pretty close to his numbers the season before, his last full season in Denver. He can also defend the paint and get rebounds.
Of course, he doesn’t provide much outside shooting, which is what the Wizards really need, but it’s a start.
The hope had been to get John Wall back to the Wizards around Thanksgiving too, but there is no timetable for his return as of now. He is the guy the Wizards most need back.
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 0
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 5
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 30
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 9
- Clippers put on offensive showcase, take Game 1 vs. Spurs 10