Nov 20, 2012, 3:33 PM EDT
Well, here is some good news for Washington. And they could use it.
Brazilian center Nene had been out all season (and parts of last season) battling plantar fasciitis in his foot, could return and suit up with the team Wednesday night, reports Ric Bucher, NBA analyst for Comcast Sports and NBC Sports Network (via Sulia).
Nene went through a full two-hour workout today and while it remains to be seen how he responds tomorrow, there’s a good chance he could go vs. the Hawks. Happy Thanksgiving to the Wizards, indeed.
The Wizards are a disaster at 0-9 and most of the problem has been on the offensive end of the court. Coach Randy Wittman ripped them publicly after their win Monday night.
And he said he needed help. Nene would be that — he averaged 14.5 points on 60.7 percent shooting in just 11 games with Washington last season. Which are pretty close to his numbers the season before, his last full season in Denver. He can also defend the paint and get rebounds.
Of course, he doesn’t provide much outside shooting, which is what the Wizards really need, but it’s a start.
The hope had been to get John Wall back to the Wizards around Thanksgiving too, but there is no timetable for his return as of now. He is the guy the Wizards most need back.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 37
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85