Nov 20, 2012, 3:33 PM EDT
Well, here is some good news for Washington. And they could use it.
Brazilian center Nene had been out all season (and parts of last season) battling plantar fasciitis in his foot, could return and suit up with the team Wednesday night, reports Ric Bucher, NBA analyst for Comcast Sports and NBC Sports Network (via Sulia).
Nene went through a full two-hour workout today and while it remains to be seen how he responds tomorrow, there’s a good chance he could go vs. the Hawks. Happy Thanksgiving to the Wizards, indeed.
The Wizards are a disaster at 0-9 and most of the problem has been on the offensive end of the court. Coach Randy Wittman ripped them publicly after their win Monday night.
And he said he needed help. Nene would be that — he averaged 14.5 points on 60.7 percent shooting in just 11 games with Washington last season. Which are pretty close to his numbers the season before, his last full season in Denver. He can also defend the paint and get rebounds.
Of course, he doesn’t provide much outside shooting, which is what the Wizards really need, but it’s a start.
The hope had been to get John Wall back to the Wizards around Thanksgiving too, but there is no timetable for his return as of now. He is the guy the Wizards most need back.
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 3
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 4
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 37
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record