Nov 20, 2012, 8:14 PM EDT
We told you this was coming not long after Matt Carroll was traded from Charlotte to New Orleans for Hakim Warrick — the Hornets did it to save money (Carroll made $500,000 less) and they planned to buy out Carroll from the start.
That became official on Tuesday, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN.
Hornets’ expected buyout of Matt Carroll, acquired last week in deal w/Charlotte for Hakim Warrick, is complete and makes Carroll free agent
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) November 20, 2012
Before you go around saying “my team should get Matt Carroll” remember this — he could earn only 11 minutes a game for the historically bad Bobcats team last season and shot 18.6 percent from three. This is not the Matt Carroll that had value from a few years back. He can’t create his own shots, he doesn’t really play defense and he didn’t shoot well last season. Unless a GM thinks he can somehow revert to form, I don’t see anybody making a move to get him.
Meanwhile in Charlotte, Warrick is getting minutes due to injuries on that team.
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 0
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 5
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (59)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million