Nov 20, 2012, 8:14 PM EST
We told you this was coming not long after Matt Carroll was traded from Charlotte to New Orleans for Hakim Warrick — the Hornets did it to save money (Carroll made $500,000 less) and they planned to buy out Carroll from the start.
That became official on Tuesday, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN.
Hornets’ expected buyout of Matt Carroll, acquired last week in deal w/Charlotte for Hakim Warrick, is complete and makes Carroll free agent
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) November 20, 2012
Before you go around saying “my team should get Matt Carroll” remember this — he could earn only 11 minutes a game for the historically bad Bobcats team last season and shot 18.6 percent from three. This is not the Matt Carroll that had value from a few years back. He can’t create his own shots, he doesn’t really play defense and he didn’t shoot well last season. Unless a GM thinks he can somehow revert to form, I don’t see anybody making a move to get him.
Meanwhile in Charlotte, Warrick is getting minutes due to injuries on that team.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)