Nov 20, 2012, 8:14 PM EST
We told you this was coming not long after Matt Carroll was traded from Charlotte to New Orleans for Hakim Warrick — the Hornets did it to save money (Carroll made $500,000 less) and they planned to buy out Carroll from the start.
That became official on Tuesday, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN.
Hornets’ expected buyout of Matt Carroll, acquired last week in deal w/Charlotte for Hakim Warrick, is complete and makes Carroll free agent
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) November 20, 2012
Before you go around saying “my team should get Matt Carroll” remember this — he could earn only 11 minutes a game for the historically bad Bobcats team last season and shot 18.6 percent from three. This is not the Matt Carroll that had value from a few years back. He can’t create his own shots, he doesn’t really play defense and he didn’t shoot well last season. Unless a GM thinks he can somehow revert to form, I don’t see anybody making a move to get him.
Meanwhile in Charlotte, Warrick is getting minutes due to injuries on that team.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 26
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 2
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 29
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 36
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 10