Nov 20, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
New Orleans Hornets rookie Anthony Davis will miss Tuesday night’s home game against the Knicks due to an ankle injury, according to multiple reports.
Davis has tweaked his left ankle multiple times over the past week, and the injury wasn’t believed to be anything serious. After posting 28 points and 11 rebounds on Saturday in his team’s loss to Milwaukee, it must not be responding well enough to test, even after two full days with no game action.
Davis is considered day-to-day, but is also doubtful at this point for Wednesday night’s game at home against the Pacers.
The number one overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft is averaging 16 points, 8.3 rebounds, and 2.2 blocked shots per game. He’s already been forced to miss two of his team’s first eight games after suffering a concussion back on Nov. 2.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 6
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 35
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 14