Nov 20, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
New Orleans Hornets rookie Anthony Davis will miss Tuesday night’s home game against the Knicks due to an ankle injury, according to multiple reports.
Davis has tweaked his left ankle multiple times over the past week, and the injury wasn’t believed to be anything serious. After posting 28 points and 11 rebounds on Saturday in his team’s loss to Milwaukee, it must not be responding well enough to test, even after two full days with no game action.
Davis is considered day-to-day, but is also doubtful at this point for Wednesday night’s game at home against the Pacers.
The number one overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft is averaging 16 points, 8.3 rebounds, and 2.2 blocked shots per game. He’s already been forced to miss two of his team’s first eight games after suffering a concussion back on Nov. 2.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 3
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25