Nov 20, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
New Orleans Hornets rookie Anthony Davis will miss Tuesday night’s home game against the Knicks due to an ankle injury, according to multiple reports.
Davis has tweaked his left ankle multiple times over the past week, and the injury wasn’t believed to be anything serious. After posting 28 points and 11 rebounds on Saturday in his team’s loss to Milwaukee, it must not be responding well enough to test, even after two full days with no game action.
Davis is considered day-to-day, but is also doubtful at this point for Wednesday night’s game at home against the Pacers.
The number one overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft is averaging 16 points, 8.3 rebounds, and 2.2 blocked shots per game. He’s already been forced to miss two of his team’s first eight games after suffering a concussion back on Nov. 2.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 12
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 5
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 63
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 68
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30