Nov 20, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
New Orleans Hornets rookie Anthony Davis will miss Tuesday night’s home game against the Knicks due to an ankle injury, according to multiple reports.
Davis has tweaked his left ankle multiple times over the past week, and the injury wasn’t believed to be anything serious. After posting 28 points and 11 rebounds on Saturday in his team’s loss to Milwaukee, it must not be responding well enough to test, even after two full days with no game action.
Davis is considered day-to-day, but is also doubtful at this point for Wednesday night’s game at home against the Pacers.
The number one overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft is averaging 16 points, 8.3 rebounds, and 2.2 blocked shots per game. He’s already been forced to miss two of his team’s first eight games after suffering a concussion back on Nov. 2.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 10
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 30
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 84
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 54
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4