Nov 20, 2012, 6:56 PM EST
New Orleans Hornets rookie Anthony Davis will miss Tuesday night’s home game against the Knicks due to an ankle injury, according to multiple reports.
Davis has tweaked his left ankle multiple times over the past week, and the injury wasn’t believed to be anything serious. After posting 28 points and 11 rebounds on Saturday in his team’s loss to Milwaukee, it must not be responding well enough to test, even after two full days with no game action.
Davis is considered day-to-day, but is also doubtful at this point for Wednesday night’s game at home against the Pacers.
The number one overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft is averaging 16 points, 8.3 rebounds, and 2.2 blocked shots per game. He’s already been forced to miss two of his team’s first eight games after suffering a concussion back on Nov. 2.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 2
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 18
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8