Nov 19, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
The Spurs have a hole at small forward suddenly.
Jackson had been thrust into the starting lineup because of left knee tendonitis for Kawhi Leonard, and he is expected to be out at least another week, maybe more.
Jackson had been coming off the bench and giving San Antonio 8.3 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game.
Know that this is San Antonio, they are not going to rush Leonard back for games in November when they are worried about games in May. Plus, whoever the Spurs plug in will play well for them. Because they always do.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 15
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 8
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4