Nov 19, 2012, 10:05 PM EST
The Spurs have a hole at small forward suddenly.
Jackson had been thrust into the starting lineup because of left knee tendonitis for Kawhi Leonard, and he is expected to be out at least another week, maybe more.
Jackson had been coming off the bench and giving San Antonio 8.3 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game.
Know that this is San Antonio, they are not going to rush Leonard back for games in November when they are worried about games in May. Plus, whoever the Spurs plug in will play well for them. Because they always do.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 15
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 10
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8