Nov 19, 2012, 12:53 PM EDT
Of course, that’s what he said about Sunday…
Mike D’Antoni clearly wants to get on the sidelines and start coaching the Lakers, not just watch them put up triple-digit scores and win. He had said he planned to coach Sunday but pushed that back due to concerns about his energy levels — he did just have knee replacement surgery a few weeks ago, so cut him some slack. He’s got a lot of pain, is taking painkillers and is understandably fatigued.
Now he’s targeting Tuesday against the Nets reports Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
That game against a 6-2 Nets team will be a good test of a Lakers squad that has put up 119 and 114 points in its last two games. The Nets are playing at the slowest pace in the league and have a decent (league average so far) defense.
The Lakers are 4-1 since firing Mike Brown but the wins came against teams not expected to make the playoffs — Sacramento, Golden State, Phoenix and Houston. They have played a lot better freed from the shackles of Mike Brown’s overly-complicated system, but they lost their one real test against San Antonio and Brooklyn is the next good measuring stick.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 18
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 18
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 8
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay