Nov 19, 2012, 11:58 AM EST
This is not a serious surgery, this is a simple scope job… except it’s on Brandon Roy’s troubled knees, so nothing is simple.
Roy is going to undergo his seventh knee surgery this week, this time on his right knee. But it’s not supposed to keep him out that long, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network.
Brandon Roy’s knee scope will keep him out “a couple of weeks” for Minnesota, league source tells Y! Sports. @jwquick 1st reported surgery.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) November 19, 2012
That’s good news, but again this is Roy’s knees. This is the guy who admitted he didn’t really have cartilage in there and who was amnestied by the Portland Trail Blazers — where he was loved in the organization — because he could not play anymore. After a year off and a lot of treatments, experimental and traditional, Roy decided to try a comeback in Minnesota.
But here we are again. Hopefully in a couple weeks he will be able to resume a limited role with the team. That somehow seems optimistic now, but we can hope.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 6
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 44