Nov 19, 2012, 11:58 AM EDT
This is not a serious surgery, this is a simple scope job… except it’s on Brandon Roy’s troubled knees, so nothing is simple.
Roy is going to undergo his seventh knee surgery this week, this time on his right knee. But it’s not supposed to keep him out that long, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network.
Brandon Roy’s knee scope will keep him out “a couple of weeks” for Minnesota, league source tells Y! Sports. @jwquick 1st reported surgery.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) November 19, 2012
That’s good news, but again this is Roy’s knees. This is the guy who admitted he didn’t really have cartilage in there and who was amnestied by the Portland Trail Blazers — where he was loved in the organization — because he could not play anymore. After a year off and a lot of treatments, experimental and traditional, Roy decided to try a comeback in Minnesota.
But here we are again. Hopefully in a couple weeks he will be able to resume a limited role with the team. That somehow seems optimistic now, but we can hope.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 15
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 40
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19