Nov 19, 2012, 11:58 AM EDT
This is not a serious surgery, this is a simple scope job… except it’s on Brandon Roy’s troubled knees, so nothing is simple.
Roy is going to undergo his seventh knee surgery this week, this time on his right knee. But it’s not supposed to keep him out that long, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network.
Brandon Roy’s knee scope will keep him out “a couple of weeks” for Minnesota, league source tells Y! Sports. @jwquick 1st reported surgery.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) November 19, 2012
That’s good news, but again this is Roy’s knees. This is the guy who admitted he didn’t really have cartilage in there and who was amnestied by the Portland Trail Blazers — where he was loved in the organization — because he could not play anymore. After a year off and a lot of treatments, experimental and traditional, Roy decided to try a comeback in Minnesota.
But here we are again. Hopefully in a couple weeks he will be able to resume a limited role with the team. That somehow seems optimistic now, but we can hope.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4