Nov 19, 2012, 11:58 AM EDT
This is not a serious surgery, this is a simple scope job… except it’s on Brandon Roy’s troubled knees, so nothing is simple.
Roy is going to undergo his seventh knee surgery this week, this time on his right knee. But it’s not supposed to keep him out that long, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network.
Brandon Roy’s knee scope will keep him out “a couple of weeks” for Minnesota, league source tells Y! Sports. @jwquick 1st reported surgery.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) November 19, 2012
That’s good news, but again this is Roy’s knees. This is the guy who admitted he didn’t really have cartilage in there and who was amnestied by the Portland Trail Blazers — where he was loved in the organization — because he could not play anymore. After a year off and a lot of treatments, experimental and traditional, Roy decided to try a comeback in Minnesota.
But here we are again. Hopefully in a couple weeks he will be able to resume a limited role with the team. That somehow seems optimistic now, but we can hope.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 10
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 22
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 56
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 48
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65