Nov 19, 2012, 11:58 AM EDT
This is not a serious surgery, this is a simple scope job… except it’s on Brandon Roy’s troubled knees, so nothing is simple.
Roy is going to undergo his seventh knee surgery this week, this time on his right knee. But it’s not supposed to keep him out that long, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network.
Brandon Roy’s knee scope will keep him out “a couple of weeks” for Minnesota, league source tells Y! Sports. @jwquick 1st reported surgery.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) November 19, 2012
That’s good news, but again this is Roy’s knees. This is the guy who admitted he didn’t really have cartilage in there and who was amnestied by the Portland Trail Blazers — where he was loved in the organization — because he could not play anymore. After a year off and a lot of treatments, experimental and traditional, Roy decided to try a comeback in Minnesota.
But here we are again. Hopefully in a couple weeks he will be able to resume a limited role with the team. That somehow seems optimistic now, but we can hope.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49