Nov 19, 2012, 10:16 AM EDT
I don’t think we’d use the words “Raymond Felton” and “chiseled” in the same sentence. But we can safely say that this year with the Knicks he is in considerably better shape than following the lockout last year in Portland. He admitted he wasn’t in shape for that season, and it showed on the court.
What was different this season, other than a full training camp?
No not really. Probably getting in the weight room, something I never did in my life (chuckle). I did a lot of running … training two times, three times a day … and then I had a great chef on board. I didn’t drink nothing but water for like three months.
Felton is 28, about the age a lot of guys in the NBA figure out they need to start taking care of their bodies if they want to stick around and get the big checks. Like you after a hard night of partying, that is about the age they realize you don’t bounce back the same as you did when you were in college. You pay a price for those chili cheeseburgers that sounded like a good idea at 2 am, they pay a price for not eating right, too.
Felton is working out, he’s gotten a personal chef, he is starting to take care of himself the way a lot of NBA professionals do. Which is good for the Knicks… and I’m sure has a lot of Trail Blazers fans mumbling curse words. Sorry.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29