Nov 19, 2012, 10:16 AM EST
I don’t think we’d use the words “Raymond Felton” and “chiseled” in the same sentence. But we can safely say that this year with the Knicks he is in considerably better shape than following the lockout last year in Portland. He admitted he wasn’t in shape for that season, and it showed on the court.
What was different this season, other than a full training camp?
No not really. Probably getting in the weight room, something I never did in my life (chuckle). I did a lot of running … training two times, three times a day … and then I had a great chef on board. I didn’t drink nothing but water for like three months.
Felton is 28, about the age a lot of guys in the NBA figure out they need to start taking care of their bodies if they want to stick around and get the big checks. Like you after a hard night of partying, that is about the age they realize you don’t bounce back the same as you did when you were in college. You pay a price for those chili cheeseburgers that sounded like a good idea at 2 am, they pay a price for not eating right, too.
Felton is working out, he’s gotten a personal chef, he is starting to take care of himself the way a lot of NBA professionals do. Which is good for the Knicks… and I’m sure has a lot of Trail Blazers fans mumbling curse words. Sorry.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)