Nov 19, 2012, 10:16 AM EST
I don’t think we’d use the words “Raymond Felton” and “chiseled” in the same sentence. But we can safely say that this year with the Knicks he is in considerably better shape than following the lockout last year in Portland. He admitted he wasn’t in shape for that season, and it showed on the court.
What was different this season, other than a full training camp?
No not really. Probably getting in the weight room, something I never did in my life (chuckle). I did a lot of running … training two times, three times a day … and then I had a great chef on board. I didn’t drink nothing but water for like three months.
Felton is 28, about the age a lot of guys in the NBA figure out they need to start taking care of their bodies if they want to stick around and get the big checks. Like you after a hard night of partying, that is about the age they realize you don’t bounce back the same as you did when you were in college. You pay a price for those chili cheeseburgers that sounded like a good idea at 2 am, they pay a price for not eating right, too.
Felton is working out, he’s gotten a personal chef, he is starting to take care of himself the way a lot of NBA professionals do. Which is good for the Knicks… and I’m sure has a lot of Trail Blazers fans mumbling curse words. Sorry.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 0
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 2
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 41
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9