Nov 19, 2012, 10:16 AM EDT
I don’t think we’d use the words “Raymond Felton” and “chiseled” in the same sentence. But we can safely say that this year with the Knicks he is in considerably better shape than following the lockout last year in Portland. He admitted he wasn’t in shape for that season, and it showed on the court.
What was different this season, other than a full training camp?
No not really. Probably getting in the weight room, something I never did in my life (chuckle). I did a lot of running … training two times, three times a day … and then I had a great chef on board. I didn’t drink nothing but water for like three months.
Felton is 28, about the age a lot of guys in the NBA figure out they need to start taking care of their bodies if they want to stick around and get the big checks. Like you after a hard night of partying, that is about the age they realize you don’t bounce back the same as you did when you were in college. You pay a price for those chili cheeseburgers that sounded like a good idea at 2 am, they pay a price for not eating right, too.
Felton is working out, he’s gotten a personal chef, he is starting to take care of himself the way a lot of NBA professionals do. Which is good for the Knicks… and I’m sure has a lot of Trail Blazers fans mumbling curse words. Sorry.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25