Nov 19, 2012, 7:59 PM EST
Last Wednesday, in a physical game eventually won by the Grizzlies (because they love a physical game), Memphis’ Zach Randolph and Oklahoma City’s Kendrick Perkins had words. Then were ejected with 2:05 remaining. Then kept having words outside the locker rooms about how they should have more than words. They were separated. Nothing came of it.
Until now. Randolph has been fined $25,000 by the league for his part in the altercation.
After the incident both players downplayed it as a lot of words. Which it likely mostly was, unless you think they were actually going to fight over by the buses like some high school rivalry.
But the league thought it was enough. Perkins was not fined.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 17
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11