Nov 19, 2012, 7:59 PM EDT
Last Wednesday, in a physical game eventually won by the Grizzlies (because they love a physical game), Memphis’ Zach Randolph and Oklahoma City’s Kendrick Perkins had words. Then were ejected with 2:05 remaining. Then kept having words outside the locker rooms about how they should have more than words. They were separated. Nothing came of it.
Until now. Randolph has been fined $25,000 by the league for his part in the altercation.
After the incident both players downplayed it as a lot of words. Which it likely mostly was, unless you think they were actually going to fight over by the buses like some high school rivalry.
But the league thought it was enough. Perkins was not fined.
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13
- 2014 PBT Awards: Sixth Man of the Year 14