Nov 19, 2012, 7:59 PM EDT
Last Wednesday, in a physical game eventually won by the Grizzlies (because they love a physical game), Memphis’ Zach Randolph and Oklahoma City’s Kendrick Perkins had words. Then were ejected with 2:05 remaining. Then kept having words outside the locker rooms about how they should have more than words. They were separated. Nothing came of it.
Until now. Randolph has been fined $25,000 by the league for his part in the altercation.
After the incident both players downplayed it as a lot of words. Which it likely mostly was, unless you think they were actually going to fight over by the buses like some high school rivalry.
But the league thought it was enough. Perkins was not fined.
- Hawks take a 2-1 series lead over top-seeded Pacers 0
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 44
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 48
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 10
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 26