Nov 19, 2012, 7:59 PM EDT
Last Wednesday, in a physical game eventually won by the Grizzlies (because they love a physical game), Memphis’ Zach Randolph and Oklahoma City’s Kendrick Perkins had words. Then were ejected with 2:05 remaining. Then kept having words outside the locker rooms about how they should have more than words. They were separated. Nothing came of it.
Until now. Randolph has been fined $25,000 by the league for his part in the altercation.
After the incident both players downplayed it as a lot of words. Which it likely mostly was, unless you think they were actually going to fight over by the buses like some high school rivalry.
But the league thought it was enough. Perkins was not fined.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 11
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48