Nov 19, 2012, 7:59 PM EST
Last Wednesday, in a physical game eventually won by the Grizzlies (because they love a physical game), Memphis’ Zach Randolph and Oklahoma City’s Kendrick Perkins had words. Then were ejected with 2:05 remaining. Then kept having words outside the locker rooms about how they should have more than words. They were separated. Nothing came of it.
Until now. Randolph has been fined $25,000 by the league for his part in the altercation.
After the incident both players downplayed it as a lot of words. Which it likely mostly was, unless you think they were actually going to fight over by the buses like some high school rivalry.
But the league thought it was enough. Perkins was not fined.
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 0
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 29
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 15
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15