Nov 19, 2012, 4:56 PM EDT
Tyrus Thomas — who has given the Bobcats some pretty mediocre minutes off the bench so far this young season — is now out for two months due to a calf injury, reports Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer.
Charlotte Bobcats power forward Tyrus Thomas is expected to miss two months after a magnetic resonance imaging revealed a tear of the plantaris muscle in his left leg….
The injury does not require surgery, but has a relatively long recovery period.
If you have Hakim Warrick on your fantasy team… well, if you do you’re doing fantasy all wrong. But Warrick — who recently came to the Bobcats from New Orleans in a trade that sent Matt Carroll back — will get a much bigger role off the bench now. Warrick had five points and four boards in his Bobcats debut against Memphis over the weekend.
Thomas remains one of the NBA’s bigger wastes of potential. If you want to know what I mean, understand that losing the former No. 4 overall pick for two months really isn’t going to hurt the lowly Bobcats much.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32