Nov 19, 2012, 4:56 PM EDT
Tyrus Thomas — who has given the Bobcats some pretty mediocre minutes off the bench so far this young season — is now out for two months due to a calf injury, reports Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer.
Charlotte Bobcats power forward Tyrus Thomas is expected to miss two months after a magnetic resonance imaging revealed a tear of the plantaris muscle in his left leg….
The injury does not require surgery, but has a relatively long recovery period.
If you have Hakim Warrick on your fantasy team… well, if you do you’re doing fantasy all wrong. But Warrick — who recently came to the Bobcats from New Orleans in a trade that sent Matt Carroll back — will get a much bigger role off the bench now. Warrick had five points and four boards in his Bobcats debut against Memphis over the weekend.
Thomas remains one of the NBA’s bigger wastes of potential. If you want to know what I mean, understand that losing the former No. 4 overall pick for two months really isn’t going to hurt the lowly Bobcats much.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6