Nov 19, 2012, 4:56 PM EST
Tyrus Thomas — who has given the Bobcats some pretty mediocre minutes off the bench so far this young season — is now out for two months due to a calf injury, reports Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer.
Charlotte Bobcats power forward Tyrus Thomas is expected to miss two months after a magnetic resonance imaging revealed a tear of the plantaris muscle in his left leg….
The injury does not require surgery, but has a relatively long recovery period.
If you have Hakim Warrick on your fantasy team… well, if you do you’re doing fantasy all wrong. But Warrick — who recently came to the Bobcats from New Orleans in a trade that sent Matt Carroll back — will get a much bigger role off the bench now. Warrick had five points and four boards in his Bobcats debut against Memphis over the weekend.
Thomas remains one of the NBA’s bigger wastes of potential. If you want to know what I mean, understand that losing the former No. 4 overall pick for two months really isn’t going to hurt the lowly Bobcats much.
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 4
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 24
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36