Nov 19, 2012, 4:56 PM EST
Tyrus Thomas — who has given the Bobcats some pretty mediocre minutes off the bench so far this young season — is now out for two months due to a calf injury, reports Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer.
Charlotte Bobcats power forward Tyrus Thomas is expected to miss two months after a magnetic resonance imaging revealed a tear of the plantaris muscle in his left leg….
The injury does not require surgery, but has a relatively long recovery period.
If you have Hakim Warrick on your fantasy team… well, if you do you’re doing fantasy all wrong. But Warrick — who recently came to the Bobcats from New Orleans in a trade that sent Matt Carroll back — will get a much bigger role off the bench now. Warrick had five points and four boards in his Bobcats debut against Memphis over the weekend.
Thomas remains one of the NBA’s bigger wastes of potential. If you want to know what I mean, understand that losing the former No. 4 overall pick for two months really isn’t going to hurt the lowly Bobcats much.
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 1
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 7
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24