Nov 19, 2012, 4:56 PM EDT
Tyrus Thomas — who has given the Bobcats some pretty mediocre minutes off the bench so far this young season — is now out for two months due to a calf injury, reports Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer.
Charlotte Bobcats power forward Tyrus Thomas is expected to miss two months after a magnetic resonance imaging revealed a tear of the plantaris muscle in his left leg….
The injury does not require surgery, but has a relatively long recovery period.
If you have Hakim Warrick on your fantasy team… well, if you do you’re doing fantasy all wrong. But Warrick — who recently came to the Bobcats from New Orleans in a trade that sent Matt Carroll back — will get a much bigger role off the bench now. Warrick had five points and four boards in his Bobcats debut against Memphis over the weekend.
Thomas remains one of the NBA’s bigger wastes of potential. If you want to know what I mean, understand that losing the former No. 4 overall pick for two months really isn’t going to hurt the lowly Bobcats much.
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 0
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 33
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 14
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 21
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1