Nov 18, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
There was a very encouraging sign at Minnesota Timberwolves practice Sunday:
It doesn’t mean their return is imminent — Love is not due back until the end of the month at the earliest, Rubio will be three weeks or so behind him most likely. But the fact they were on the court is a good sign.
Love broke his hand doing knuckle pushups just before the season started. Rubio is still recovering from a torn ACL suffered last season.
With those two Minnesota was considered a lock playoff team in the West, the question was could they keep their heads above water without them. So far, so good — their 5-4 record would have them in the playoffs if they started today. Of course, as we are less than 10 percent of the way through the season it doesn’t mean much, but they are on track.
And getting healthier.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30