Nov 18, 2012, 7:10 PM EST
There was a very encouraging sign at Minnesota Timberwolves practice Sunday:
It doesn’t mean their return is imminent — Love is not due back until the end of the month at the earliest, Rubio will be three weeks or so behind him most likely. But the fact they were on the court is a good sign.
Love broke his hand doing knuckle pushups just before the season started. Rubio is still recovering from a torn ACL suffered last season.
With those two Minnesota was considered a lock playoff team in the West, the question was could they keep their heads above water without them. So far, so good — their 5-4 record would have them in the playoffs if they started today. Of course, as we are less than 10 percent of the way through the season it doesn’t mean much, but they are on track.
And getting healthier.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9