Nov 18, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
There was a very encouraging sign at Minnesota Timberwolves practice Sunday:
It doesn’t mean their return is imminent — Love is not due back until the end of the month at the earliest, Rubio will be three weeks or so behind him most likely. But the fact they were on the court is a good sign.
Love broke his hand doing knuckle pushups just before the season started. Rubio is still recovering from a torn ACL suffered last season.
With those two Minnesota was considered a lock playoff team in the West, the question was could they keep their heads above water without them. So far, so good — their 5-4 record would have them in the playoffs if they started today. Of course, as we are less than 10 percent of the way through the season it doesn’t mean much, but they are on track.
And getting healthier.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61