Nov 18, 2012, 7:10 PM EST
There was a very encouraging sign at Minnesota Timberwolves practice Sunday:
It doesn’t mean their return is imminent — Love is not due back until the end of the month at the earliest, Rubio will be three weeks or so behind him most likely. But the fact they were on the court is a good sign.
Love broke his hand doing knuckle pushups just before the season started. Rubio is still recovering from a torn ACL suffered last season.
With those two Minnesota was considered a lock playoff team in the West, the question was could they keep their heads above water without them. So far, so good — their 5-4 record would have them in the playoffs if they started today. Of course, as we are less than 10 percent of the way through the season it doesn’t mean much, but they are on track.
And getting healthier.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 8
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10