Nov 18, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
There was a very encouraging sign at Minnesota Timberwolves practice Sunday:
It doesn’t mean their return is imminent — Love is not due back until the end of the month at the earliest, Rubio will be three weeks or so behind him most likely. But the fact they were on the court is a good sign.
Love broke his hand doing knuckle pushups just before the season started. Rubio is still recovering from a torn ACL suffered last season.
With those two Minnesota was considered a lock playoff team in the West, the question was could they keep their heads above water without them. So far, so good — their 5-4 record would have them in the playoffs if they started today. Of course, as we are less than 10 percent of the way through the season it doesn’t mean much, but they are on track.
And getting healthier.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 5
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48