Nov 17, 2012, 1:38 AM EDT
Nash will miss new head coach Mike D’Antoni’s expected debut this Sunday at home against the Rockets, and will likely miss the four games after that before being reevaluated once the team returns from a three-game road trip.
There continues to be no timetable for Nash to return, so these updates will continue to trickle in as the rehabilitation process continues.
The Lakers are in championship-or-bust mode this season, so there’s no point in rushing Nash back into the equation in November when all eyes in Los Angeles are focused on what happens in April, May, and (optimistically) June.
L.A. had little trouble with Nash’s former Phoenix Suns team on Friday, and cruised to a 114-102 victory which was the team’s third win in its last four games.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 20
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona