Nov 17, 2012, 1:38 AM EDT
Nash will miss new head coach Mike D’Antoni’s expected debut this Sunday at home against the Rockets, and will likely miss the four games after that before being reevaluated once the team returns from a three-game road trip.
There continues to be no timetable for Nash to return, so these updates will continue to trickle in as the rehabilitation process continues.
The Lakers are in championship-or-bust mode this season, so there’s no point in rushing Nash back into the equation in November when all eyes in Los Angeles are focused on what happens in April, May, and (optimistically) June.
L.A. had little trouble with Nash’s former Phoenix Suns team on Friday, and cruised to a 114-102 victory which was the team’s third win in its last four games.
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 7
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 3
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 12