Nov 17, 2012, 1:38 AM EDT
Nash will miss new head coach Mike D’Antoni’s expected debut this Sunday at home against the Rockets, and will likely miss the four games after that before being reevaluated once the team returns from a three-game road trip.
There continues to be no timetable for Nash to return, so these updates will continue to trickle in as the rehabilitation process continues.
The Lakers are in championship-or-bust mode this season, so there’s no point in rushing Nash back into the equation in November when all eyes in Los Angeles are focused on what happens in April, May, and (optimistically) June.
L.A. had little trouble with Nash’s former Phoenix Suns team on Friday, and cruised to a 114-102 victory which was the team’s third win in its last four games.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 0
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18