Nov 17, 2012, 1:38 AM EST
Nash will miss new head coach Mike D’Antoni’s expected debut this Sunday at home against the Rockets, and will likely miss the four games after that before being reevaluated once the team returns from a three-game road trip.
There continues to be no timetable for Nash to return, so these updates will continue to trickle in as the rehabilitation process continues.
The Lakers are in championship-or-bust mode this season, so there’s no point in rushing Nash back into the equation in November when all eyes in Los Angeles are focused on what happens in April, May, and (optimistically) June.
L.A. had little trouble with Nash’s former Phoenix Suns team on Friday, and cruised to a 114-102 victory which was the team’s third win in its last four games.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 0
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 5
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 9
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 54
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14