Nov 17, 2012, 1:38 AM EST
Nash will miss new head coach Mike D’Antoni’s expected debut this Sunday at home against the Rockets, and will likely miss the four games after that before being reevaluated once the team returns from a three-game road trip.
There continues to be no timetable for Nash to return, so these updates will continue to trickle in as the rehabilitation process continues.
The Lakers are in championship-or-bust mode this season, so there’s no point in rushing Nash back into the equation in November when all eyes in Los Angeles are focused on what happens in April, May, and (optimistically) June.
L.A. had little trouble with Nash’s former Phoenix Suns team on Friday, and cruised to a 114-102 victory which was the team’s third win in its last four games.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 8
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 17
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 32
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)