Nov 17, 2012, 7:35 PM EST
Rajon Rondo singlehandedly took apart the Toronto Raptors, dishing out 20 assists in Boston’s 107-89 win on Saturday. And actually, he thought he should have had more.
“He was actually mad about the 20 assists,” said teammate Courtney Lee. “He thought he could have gotten 30.”
It was the type of performance from Rondo that left his head coach and his teammates in amazement afterward, and one that caused Jason Terry, who led all scorers in this one with 20 points in 29 minutes, to say that his point guard should be in the MVP conversation.
“MVP is in the picture,” Rondo said. “I would like to be one day, but we’ve just got to keep winning. Who wouldn’t [want to] be? That’s a dream.”
It’s a very long season obviously, but if Rondo continues to dominate offensively and continues to rack up the assists at the rate he has, he’s absolutely right. He will be in the MVP picture.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 6
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 11
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 22
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 40
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5