Nov 17, 2012, 7:35 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo singlehandedly took apart the Toronto Raptors, dishing out 20 assists in Boston’s 107-89 win on Saturday. And actually, he thought he should have had more.
“He was actually mad about the 20 assists,” said teammate Courtney Lee. “He thought he could have gotten 30.”
It was the type of performance from Rondo that left his head coach and his teammates in amazement afterward, and one that caused Jason Terry, who led all scorers in this one with 20 points in 29 minutes, to say that his point guard should be in the MVP conversation.
“MVP is in the picture,” Rondo said. “I would like to be one day, but we’ve just got to keep winning. Who wouldn’t [want to] be? That’s a dream.”
It’s a very long season obviously, but if Rondo continues to dominate offensively and continues to rack up the assists at the rate he has, he’s absolutely right. He will be in the MVP picture.
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 13
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 13
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 18
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14