Nov 17, 2012, 7:35 PM EST
Rajon Rondo singlehandedly took apart the Toronto Raptors, dishing out 20 assists in Boston’s 107-89 win on Saturday. And actually, he thought he should have had more.
“He was actually mad about the 20 assists,” said teammate Courtney Lee. “He thought he could have gotten 30.”
It was the type of performance from Rondo that left his head coach and his teammates in amazement afterward, and one that caused Jason Terry, who led all scorers in this one with 20 points in 29 minutes, to say that his point guard should be in the MVP conversation.
“MVP is in the picture,” Rondo said. “I would like to be one day, but we’ve just got to keep winning. Who wouldn’t [want to] be? That’s a dream.”
It’s a very long season obviously, but if Rondo continues to dominate offensively and continues to rack up the assists at the rate he has, he’s absolutely right. He will be in the MVP picture.
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 3
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 6
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 2
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 7
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)