Nov 17, 2012, 7:35 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo singlehandedly took apart the Toronto Raptors, dishing out 20 assists in Boston’s 107-89 win on Saturday. And actually, he thought he should have had more.
“He was actually mad about the 20 assists,” said teammate Courtney Lee. “He thought he could have gotten 30.”
It was the type of performance from Rondo that left his head coach and his teammates in amazement afterward, and one that caused Jason Terry, who led all scorers in this one with 20 points in 29 minutes, to say that his point guard should be in the MVP conversation.
“MVP is in the picture,” Rondo said. “I would like to be one day, but we’ve just got to keep winning. Who wouldn’t [want to] be? That’s a dream.”
It’s a very long season obviously, but if Rondo continues to dominate offensively and continues to rack up the assists at the rate he has, he’s absolutely right. He will be in the MVP picture.
- Bobcats fight to the end, but Heat come away with 2-0 series lead 2
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 11
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 53
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 20
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 15