Nov 17, 2012, 7:35 PM EST
Rajon Rondo singlehandedly took apart the Toronto Raptors, dishing out 20 assists in Boston’s 107-89 win on Saturday. And actually, he thought he should have had more.
“He was actually mad about the 20 assists,” said teammate Courtney Lee. “He thought he could have gotten 30.”
It was the type of performance from Rondo that left his head coach and his teammates in amazement afterward, and one that caused Jason Terry, who led all scorers in this one with 20 points in 29 minutes, to say that his point guard should be in the MVP conversation.
“MVP is in the picture,” Rondo said. “I would like to be one day, but we’ve just got to keep winning. Who wouldn’t [want to] be? That’s a dream.”
It’s a very long season obviously, but if Rondo continues to dominate offensively and continues to rack up the assists at the rate he has, he’s absolutely right. He will be in the MVP picture.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 0
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13