Nov 17, 2012, 10:28 AM EDT
The Taiwanese animation studio NMA likes to have some fun at the expense of the NBA from time to time, so it’s no surprise the folks there took on the biggest story of the early 2012-13 season: the Lakers search for a new head coach.
L.A. definitely could have handled things better, from the timing of Brown’s firing to the way the organization led on Phil Jackson before making a quick change of plans and going with Mike D’Antoni instead.
The video isn’t exactly kind to Jim Buss, D’Antoni, or this aging Lakers team, and of course, you can’t have a spoof like this without having Metta World Peace getting into a fist fight with a fan in stands, I suppose.
But all in all, it is a funny (if sardonic) take on NBA life in Los Angeles.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 5
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7