Nov 17, 2012, 10:28 AM EDT
The Taiwanese animation studio NMA likes to have some fun at the expense of the NBA from time to time, so it’s no surprise the folks there took on the biggest story of the early 2012-13 season: the Lakers search for a new head coach.
L.A. definitely could have handled things better, from the timing of Brown’s firing to the way the organization led on Phil Jackson before making a quick change of plans and going with Mike D’Antoni instead.
The video isn’t exactly kind to Jim Buss, D’Antoni, or this aging Lakers team, and of course, you can’t have a spoof like this without having Metta World Peace getting into a fist fight with a fan in stands, I suppose.
But all in all, it is a funny (if sardonic) take on NBA life in Los Angeles.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11