Nov 17, 2012, 10:28 AM EDT
The Taiwanese animation studio NMA likes to have some fun at the expense of the NBA from time to time, so it’s no surprise the folks there took on the biggest story of the early 2012-13 season: the Lakers search for a new head coach.
L.A. definitely could have handled things better, from the timing of Brown’s firing to the way the organization led on Phil Jackson before making a quick change of plans and going with Mike D’Antoni instead.
The video isn’t exactly kind to Jim Buss, D’Antoni, or this aging Lakers team, and of course, you can’t have a spoof like this without having Metta World Peace getting into a fist fight with a fan in stands, I suppose.
But all in all, it is a funny (if sardonic) take on NBA life in Los Angeles.
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 14
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0