Nov 17, 2012, 10:28 AM EDT
The Taiwanese animation studio NMA likes to have some fun at the expense of the NBA from time to time, so it’s no surprise the folks there took on the biggest story of the early 2012-13 season: the Lakers search for a new head coach.
L.A. definitely could have handled things better, from the timing of Brown’s firing to the way the organization led on Phil Jackson before making a quick change of plans and going with Mike D’Antoni instead.
The video isn’t exactly kind to Jim Buss, D’Antoni, or this aging Lakers team, and of course, you can’t have a spoof like this without having Metta World Peace getting into a fist fight with a fan in stands, I suppose.
But all in all, it is a funny (if sardonic) take on NBA life in Los Angeles.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29