Nov 17, 2012, 10:28 AM EST
The Taiwanese animation studio NMA likes to have some fun at the expense of the NBA from time to time, so it’s no surprise the folks there took on the biggest story of the early 2012-13 season: the Lakers search for a new head coach.
L.A. definitely could have handled things better, from the timing of Brown’s firing to the way the organization led on Phil Jackson before making a quick change of plans and going with Mike D’Antoni instead.
The video isn’t exactly kind to Jim Buss, D’Antoni, or this aging Lakers team, and of course, you can’t have a spoof like this without having Metta World Peace getting into a fist fight with a fan in stands, I suppose.
But all in all, it is a funny (if sardonic) take on NBA life in Los Angeles.
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 6
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 12
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 13
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 14
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (38)