Nov 16, 2012, 12:23 PM EDT
In case you missed it, Deron Williams was fantastic last night. It’s easier when Leandro Barbosa is covering you and not Rajon Rondo, but still he had 24 points and controlled the flow of the Nets offense as they beat the Celtics.
Oh, and he had this sweet dime.
Brook Lopez caught it and finished it because it was in the first quarter. Seriously. He is shooting 70.6 percent in the first quarter of games this season and it drops off badly the rest of the game (he’s over 50 percent in the third quarter, so whenever he gets extended rest, I guess).
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 17
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8