Nov 16, 2012, 2:48 AM EDT
We should just name one of these stars after LeBron at this point. Aside that, the story of the night was the Knicks dramatic comeback win, so the two guards that led that charge are getting stars tonight.
Third Star: Jason Kidd (14 points, 4-of-6 from three)
His line isn’t that impressive, but it’s really about when he got them — he was 3-of-4 from three in the fourth quarter when the Knicks made a 25-6 run to steal a game the Spurs thought they had locked up. Oh, and if you didn’t notice the Knicks are 6-0. Kidd’s not the player he once was, but he can shoot the rock and when he is on the floor the ball just seems to move better.
Second Star: LeBron James (27 points, 12 assists, 7 rebounds)
We could put him up here any night he plays, he is on a different level than anybody in the Association right now. He could get away with anything short of Andrew Bynum’s haircut. With Dwyane Wade out and Mario Chalmers getting injured mid-game, LeBron put up 15 points and 7 assists in the second half and the Heat get a win in their fourth game in five days, winning on the most brutal back-to-back in the league (from Los Angeles or Golden State up to the mile-high air of Denver).
First Star: Raymond Felton (25 points, 7 assists)
He led the team in scoring in a big win in San Antonio and is a key reason the Knicks are 6-0, but like Jason Kidd it’s really about when he made his mark — Felton and Kidd scored 15 of the 23 points in the fourth quarter Knicks run that won the game. Felton has been a steady presence at the top, getting the Knicks surprisingly efficient offense going. He also runs a mean pick-and-roll with Tyson Chandler. After a terrible year in Portland he has found his footing again in New York.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 5
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 21
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 26
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 29
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 39
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 29