Nov 16, 2012, 2:48 AM EDT
We should just name one of these stars after LeBron at this point. Aside that, the story of the night was the Knicks dramatic comeback win, so the two guards that led that charge are getting stars tonight.
Third Star: Jason Kidd (14 points, 4-of-6 from three)
His line isn’t that impressive, but it’s really about when he got them — he was 3-of-4 from three in the fourth quarter when the Knicks made a 25-6 run to steal a game the Spurs thought they had locked up. Oh, and if you didn’t notice the Knicks are 6-0. Kidd’s not the player he once was, but he can shoot the rock and when he is on the floor the ball just seems to move better.
Second Star: LeBron James (27 points, 12 assists, 7 rebounds)
We could put him up here any night he plays, he is on a different level than anybody in the Association right now. He could get away with anything short of Andrew Bynum’s haircut. With Dwyane Wade out and Mario Chalmers getting injured mid-game, LeBron put up 15 points and 7 assists in the second half and the Heat get a win in their fourth game in five days, winning on the most brutal back-to-back in the league (from Los Angeles or Golden State up to the mile-high air of Denver).
First Star: Raymond Felton (25 points, 7 assists)
He led the team in scoring in a big win in San Antonio and is a key reason the Knicks are 6-0, but like Jason Kidd it’s really about when he made his mark — Felton and Kidd scored 15 of the 23 points in the fourth quarter Knicks run that won the game. Felton has been a steady presence at the top, getting the Knicks surprisingly efficient offense going. He also runs a mean pick-and-roll with Tyson Chandler. After a terrible year in Portland he has found his footing again in New York.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 16
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15