Nov 16, 2012, 2:17 PM EDT
Tyler Zeller — who had been playing well off the bench for Cleveland until his face ran into the elbow of the Clippers D’Andre Jordan — has been cleared to return to the court, the team announced.
Zeller suffered a concussion and a non-displaced fracture of his left orbital bone (the eye socket) from Jordan’s elbow while battling for rebounding position. If you really want to see the video, it’s below. Zeller has been cleared of the concussion symptoms (by the league neurologist) but will wear a mask for a while until the bone is healed.
Zeller was giving the Cavs a solid 18.5 minutes a game off the bench, with 7.5 points and 4.5 rebounds a game. His return will be a boost.
He could be back on the court Saturday against Dallas.
Cleveland’s Luke Harangody won’t be on the court for a while — he is out six weeks following knee surgery on Friday, the team announced. Not that they will notice, he hasn’t stepped foot on the court this season due to his knee.
This was an arthroscopic procedure to clean up whatever was going on in there. Harangody had been having swelling and issues in his knees since training camp.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47