Nov 16, 2012, 2:17 PM EDT
Tyler Zeller — who had been playing well off the bench for Cleveland until his face ran into the elbow of the Clippers D’Andre Jordan — has been cleared to return to the court, the team announced.
Zeller suffered a concussion and a non-displaced fracture of his left orbital bone (the eye socket) from Jordan’s elbow while battling for rebounding position. If you really want to see the video, it’s below. Zeller has been cleared of the concussion symptoms (by the league neurologist) but will wear a mask for a while until the bone is healed.
Zeller was giving the Cavs a solid 18.5 minutes a game off the bench, with 7.5 points and 4.5 rebounds a game. His return will be a boost.
He could be back on the court Saturday against Dallas.
Cleveland’s Luke Harangody won’t be on the court for a while — he is out six weeks following knee surgery on Friday, the team announced. Not that they will notice, he hasn’t stepped foot on the court this season due to his knee.
This was an arthroscopic procedure to clean up whatever was going on in there. Harangody had been having swelling and issues in his knees since training camp.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38