Nov 16, 2012, 2:17 PM EDT
Tyler Zeller — who had been playing well off the bench for Cleveland until his face ran into the elbow of the Clippers D’Andre Jordan — has been cleared to return to the court, the team announced.
Zeller suffered a concussion and a non-displaced fracture of his left orbital bone (the eye socket) from Jordan’s elbow while battling for rebounding position. If you really want to see the video, it’s below. Zeller has been cleared of the concussion symptoms (by the league neurologist) but will wear a mask for a while until the bone is healed.
Zeller was giving the Cavs a solid 18.5 minutes a game off the bench, with 7.5 points and 4.5 rebounds a game. His return will be a boost.
He could be back on the court Saturday against Dallas.
Cleveland’s Luke Harangody won’t be on the court for a while — he is out six weeks following knee surgery on Friday, the team announced. Not that they will notice, he hasn’t stepped foot on the court this season due to his knee.
This was an arthroscopic procedure to clean up whatever was going on in there. Harangody had been having swelling and issues in his knees since training camp.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31