Nov 16, 2012, 2:17 PM EDT
Tyler Zeller — who had been playing well off the bench for Cleveland until his face ran into the elbow of the Clippers D’Andre Jordan — has been cleared to return to the court, the team announced.
Zeller suffered a concussion and a non-displaced fracture of his left orbital bone (the eye socket) from Jordan’s elbow while battling for rebounding position. If you really want to see the video, it’s below. Zeller has been cleared of the concussion symptoms (by the league neurologist) but will wear a mask for a while until the bone is healed.
Zeller was giving the Cavs a solid 18.5 minutes a game off the bench, with 7.5 points and 4.5 rebounds a game. His return will be a boost.
He could be back on the court Saturday against Dallas.
Cleveland’s Luke Harangody won’t be on the court for a while — he is out six weeks following knee surgery on Friday, the team announced. Not that they will notice, he hasn’t stepped foot on the court this season due to his knee.
This was an arthroscopic procedure to clean up whatever was going on in there. Harangody had been having swelling and issues in his knees since training camp.
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. But he liked what LeBron did. 10
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 38
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 20
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 18
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 70