Nov 15, 2012, 5:03 PM EST
The Wizards had brought in Jannero Pargo to help out with Wall out, but they have changed course on Thursday bringing in Shaun Livingston and letting Pargo walk, reports Ben Standig at CSNWashington.com.
“We are obviously familiar with what Shaun brings both on and off the court based on his previous time here and we’re confident that he will be a positive addition to our team,” Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld said in a statement released by the team. “His size and playmaking ability will give us more flexibility in the backcourt.”
Livingston played with the Wizards in the 2009-10 season and was a fan favorite. This year, Livingston had been in Houston for training camp but didn’t make the cut.
A.J. Price will remain the starter but there are minutes to be had. Price is averaging 10 points a game but shooting just 32.9 percent and dishing out 6.9 assists. Which are the kind of things you can live with in a backup playing 15 minutes a night, but with Wall out it hurts. Pargo was worse, taking terrible shots, hitting just 25 percent of what he took and giving the team three points a game. Livingston will be an upgrade.
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 1
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 3
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 14
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (53)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (38)
- Jason Kidd fined $50K for intentionally spilling drink on the court to stop play in loss to Lakers (37)