Nov 15, 2012, 12:08 AM EDT
If the playoffs started today, the Charlotte Bobcats would be the seven-seed in the Eastern Conference.
They don’t, of course, and there’s an entire season to deal with before that could become a reality. But think about that for a second — as abysmal as the Bobcats franchise has been, winning more than 35 games just once in its eight years in Charlotte (and proud owners of a 7-59 record a season ago), they sit at 4-3 after Kemba Walker came to the rescue once again.
Walker was all over the floor in this one, and finished with 22 points, four rebounds, five assits, and four steals in 45 minutes of action. After his team tried to give this one away against the injury-ravaged Timberwolves by giving back all of a 16-point lead, Walker made sure he would leave with the win by hitting the step-back jumper with just 0.9 seconds remaining.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61