Nov 15, 2012, 12:08 AM EDT
If the playoffs started today, the Charlotte Bobcats would be the seven-seed in the Eastern Conference.
They don’t, of course, and there’s an entire season to deal with before that could become a reality. But think about that for a second — as abysmal as the Bobcats franchise has been, winning more than 35 games just once in its eight years in Charlotte (and proud owners of a 7-59 record a season ago), they sit at 4-3 after Kemba Walker came to the rescue once again.
Walker was all over the floor in this one, and finished with 22 points, four rebounds, five assits, and four steals in 45 minutes of action. After his team tried to give this one away against the injury-ravaged Timberwolves by giving back all of a 16-point lead, Walker made sure he would leave with the win by hitting the step-back jumper with just 0.9 seconds remaining.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 5
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 38
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?