Nov 15, 2012, 12:08 AM EDT
If the playoffs started today, the Charlotte Bobcats would be the seven-seed in the Eastern Conference.
They don’t, of course, and there’s an entire season to deal with before that could become a reality. But think about that for a second — as abysmal as the Bobcats franchise has been, winning more than 35 games just once in its eight years in Charlotte (and proud owners of a 7-59 record a season ago), they sit at 4-3 after Kemba Walker came to the rescue once again.
Walker was all over the floor in this one, and finished with 22 points, four rebounds, five assits, and four steals in 45 minutes of action. After his team tried to give this one away against the injury-ravaged Timberwolves by giving back all of a 16-point lead, Walker made sure he would leave with the win by hitting the step-back jumper with just 0.9 seconds remaining.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 40
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 39
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6