Nov 15, 2012, 2:00 AM EDT
There were some fantastic performances on the court Wednesday night, but if you want to know what people were buzzing about on twitter it was that photo to the right — Andrew Bynum’s hair. Which I can’t describe, but it’s buzz worthy. I think the face of the guy to Bynum’s left really says it all.
That haircut is enough to get Bynum an “honorable” mention, but as he has yet to set foot on the hardwood (and who knows when he will) he does not get one of the coveted PBT three stars of the night slots.
Third Star: James Harden — 30 points (on 10-of-20 shooting), 4 assists
This looked like the James Harden of the first couple games this season — he was slashing and getting into the lane at will against the Hornets. Those drives were key to sparking a 39-18 second quarter when the Rockets tried to pull away. In the second half the Hornets changed plans and threw multiple defenders at Harden and that slowed him down (3 points in the third). He has to learn how to adapt to those defenses. Still, monster night for the beard.
Second Star: Rudy Gay — 28 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists
The Grizzlies are for real and Rudy Gay is a key part of that — he was putting up points at will (after the dismal first quarter that was all Thunder). But the real key was late in the third quarter: Oklahoma City made a run and cut the Memphis lead to six and it was Gay knocking down three consecutive midrange jumpers to give the Grizzlies control again.
First Star: Kemba Walker — 22 points, 5 assists, 4 steals
He looked like the Kemba Walker that used to wear a UConn and could take over games. He had 8 points in the first quarter but more important was the efficient play most of the night. Oh, yea, and the game winner. The Timberwolves had all the momentum after a comeback, then getting to tie the game when Reggie Williams went Chris Webber and called a timeout when the team had none left. But Walker bailed them out with this shot.
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 0
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 11
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 10
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 31
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25