Nov 15, 2012, 11:21 PM EDT
We can say that because Carroll already makes $500,000 less than Warrick ($3.5 million to $4 million) and now the Hornets are working to buyout Carroll, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN (Carroll has not reported to the team).
Word is Hornets & Matt Carroll working on buyout after CHA dealt Carroll for Hakim Warrick. Possible free-agent shooter for Lakers’ radar?
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) November 16, 2012
With the buyout, which will likely be for a little less than the full amount (though not much) the Hornets save a few more bucks.
As for the second part of that tweet — unless Carroll comes with a time machine that goes back to 2007 he’s not going to do the Lakers a lot of good as a shooter. He got just 11 minutes a game for the historically bad Bobcats and shot 18.6 percent from three last season.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 7
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 30
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 19