Nov 15, 2012, 11:21 PM EDT
We can say that because Carroll already makes $500,000 less than Warrick ($3.5 million to $4 million) and now the Hornets are working to buyout Carroll, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN (Carroll has not reported to the team).
Word is Hornets & Matt Carroll working on buyout after CHA dealt Carroll for Hakim Warrick. Possible free-agent shooter for Lakers’ radar?
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) November 16, 2012
With the buyout, which will likely be for a little less than the full amount (though not much) the Hornets save a few more bucks.
As for the second part of that tweet — unless Carroll comes with a time machine that goes back to 2007 he’s not going to do the Lakers a lot of good as a shooter. He got just 11 minutes a game for the historically bad Bobcats and shot 18.6 percent from three last season.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5