Nov 15, 2012, 11:21 PM EST
We can say that because Carroll already makes $500,000 less than Warrick ($3.5 million to $4 million) and now the Hornets are working to buyout Carroll, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN (Carroll has not reported to the team).
Word is Hornets & Matt Carroll working on buyout after CHA dealt Carroll for Hakim Warrick. Possible free-agent shooter for Lakers’ radar?
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) November 16, 2012
With the buyout, which will likely be for a little less than the full amount (though not much) the Hornets save a few more bucks.
As for the second part of that tweet — unless Carroll comes with a time machine that goes back to 2007 he’s not going to do the Lakers a lot of good as a shooter. He got just 11 minutes a game for the historically bad Bobcats and shot 18.6 percent from three last season.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 0
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 20
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 35
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)