Nov 15, 2012, 11:21 PM EST
We can say that because Carroll already makes $500,000 less than Warrick ($3.5 million to $4 million) and now the Hornets are working to buyout Carroll, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN (Carroll has not reported to the team).
Word is Hornets & Matt Carroll working on buyout after CHA dealt Carroll for Hakim Warrick. Possible free-agent shooter for Lakers’ radar?
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) November 16, 2012
With the buyout, which will likely be for a little less than the full amount (though not much) the Hornets save a few more bucks.
As for the second part of that tweet — unless Carroll comes with a time machine that goes back to 2007 he’s not going to do the Lakers a lot of good as a shooter. He got just 11 minutes a game for the historically bad Bobcats and shot 18.6 percent from three last season.
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 4
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 10
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 15
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18