Nov 15, 2012, 11:21 PM EDT
We can say that because Carroll already makes $500,000 less than Warrick ($3.5 million to $4 million) and now the Hornets are working to buyout Carroll, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN (Carroll has not reported to the team).
Word is Hornets & Matt Carroll working on buyout after CHA dealt Carroll for Hakim Warrick. Possible free-agent shooter for Lakers’ radar?
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) November 16, 2012
With the buyout, which will likely be for a little less than the full amount (though not much) the Hornets save a few more bucks.
As for the second part of that tweet — unless Carroll comes with a time machine that goes back to 2007 he’s not going to do the Lakers a lot of good as a shooter. He got just 11 minutes a game for the historically bad Bobcats and shot 18.6 percent from three last season.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 0
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 13
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 19
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 9
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19