Nov 15, 2012, 1:26 PM EST
Kyle Lowry, who has been out since last weekend after spraining his ankle, is going to be missing from the Raptors lineup a while longer.
He has a bruised cuboid bone in his right foot and will be out 1-2 weeks, the team announced. There’s not a whole lot of treatment for a bone bruise other than rest, so it’s just a waiting game.
This is a blow to Toronto because Lowry is averaging 18.3 points a game on 54.5 percent shooting (44.4 percent from three), 6.3 assists and 5.8 rebounds a game. He has a monster PER of 31.3.
Jose Calderon has played well in his place and even had a triple-double in his last game. Toronto is 1-4 without Lowry, the win coming against a slumping Pacers team.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 8
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 5
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0