Nov 15, 2012, 1:26 PM EDT
Kyle Lowry, who has been out since last weekend after spraining his ankle, is going to be missing from the Raptors lineup a while longer.
He has a bruised cuboid bone in his right foot and will be out 1-2 weeks, the team announced. There’s not a whole lot of treatment for a bone bruise other than rest, so it’s just a waiting game.
This is a blow to Toronto because Lowry is averaging 18.3 points a game on 54.5 percent shooting (44.4 percent from three), 6.3 assists and 5.8 rebounds a game. He has a monster PER of 31.3.
Jose Calderon has played well in his place and even had a triple-double in his last game. Toronto is 1-4 without Lowry, the win coming against a slumping Pacers team.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 0
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20