Nov 15, 2012, 1:26 PM EDT
Kyle Lowry, who has been out since last weekend after spraining his ankle, is going to be missing from the Raptors lineup a while longer.
He has a bruised cuboid bone in his right foot and will be out 1-2 weeks, the team announced. There’s not a whole lot of treatment for a bone bruise other than rest, so it’s just a waiting game.
This is a blow to Toronto because Lowry is averaging 18.3 points a game on 54.5 percent shooting (44.4 percent from three), 6.3 assists and 5.8 rebounds a game. He has a monster PER of 31.3.
Jose Calderon has played well in his place and even had a triple-double in his last game. Toronto is 1-4 without Lowry, the win coming against a slumping Pacers team.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 32
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 35
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17