Nov 15, 2012, 1:26 PM EDT
Kyle Lowry, who has been out since last weekend after spraining his ankle, is going to be missing from the Raptors lineup a while longer.
He has a bruised cuboid bone in his right foot and will be out 1-2 weeks, the team announced. There’s not a whole lot of treatment for a bone bruise other than rest, so it’s just a waiting game.
This is a blow to Toronto because Lowry is averaging 18.3 points a game on 54.5 percent shooting (44.4 percent from three), 6.3 assists and 5.8 rebounds a game. He has a monster PER of 31.3.
Jose Calderon has played well in his place and even had a triple-double in his last game. Toronto is 1-4 without Lowry, the win coming against a slumping Pacers team.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38