Nov 15, 2012, 7:43 PM EDT
You had to know this was coming — it’s the second game of a back-to-back, ankle injuries can linger and Boston needs Rondo healthy in the long run.
Rondo rolled his ankle in the third quarter of the Celtics win Wednesday night over Utah. He was driving to the rim, it was an innocent play. But in the first weeks of the season there is no reason for Boston to take a chance here.
Rondo made a leap forward in hi leadership role on the team his having his best season as a pro — 14.3 points per game on 51 percent shooting with 12.5 assists per game. All of those are career highs. That’s not easy to replace.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23