Nov 15, 2012, 7:43 PM EST
You had to know this was coming — it’s the second game of a back-to-back, ankle injuries can linger and Boston needs Rondo healthy in the long run.
Rondo rolled his ankle in the third quarter of the Celtics win Wednesday night over Utah. He was driving to the rim, it was an innocent play. But in the first weeks of the season there is no reason for Boston to take a chance here.
Rondo made a leap forward in hi leadership role on the team his having his best season as a pro — 14.3 points per game on 51 percent shooting with 12.5 assists per game. All of those are career highs. That’s not easy to replace.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54