Nov 15, 2012, 10:40 AM EDT
It wasn’t a fight. But it was close.
With 2:05 left in the game, they lined up across each other across the free throw lane as Russell Westbrook shot and the verbal taunts didn’t end (with talk of fighting after the game near the team bus), and the referees had enough. Both were ejected from the game.
But that wasn’t the end of it, reports the Oklahoman.
After the two players were separated, Perkins ran off the court in front of the Thunder bench and into a hallway, where he had another altercation with Randolph outside the postgame interview room next to the Thunder locker room.
The players were separated by Oklahoma City police officers. People in the postgame interview area heard something being slammed against the door.
Perkins wouldn’t discuss it after the game. Zach Randolph downplayed it.
“It wasn’t nothin’. It was a good, tough, hard-fought game. It was competitive, just out there playing, two physical teams that want to win, a lot of emotions flying, so just part of basketball.”
Arena security decided not to take any further action following the incident in the hallway. We’ll see if the league office feels the same way.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 43
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4