Nov 15, 2012, 10:40 AM EDT
It wasn’t a fight. But it was close.
With 2:05 left in the game, they lined up across each other across the free throw lane as Russell Westbrook shot and the verbal taunts didn’t end (with talk of fighting after the game near the team bus), and the referees had enough. Both were ejected from the game.
But that wasn’t the end of it, reports the Oklahoman.
After the two players were separated, Perkins ran off the court in front of the Thunder bench and into a hallway, where he had another altercation with Randolph outside the postgame interview room next to the Thunder locker room.
The players were separated by Oklahoma City police officers. People in the postgame interview area heard something being slammed against the door.
Perkins wouldn’t discuss it after the game. Zach Randolph downplayed it.
“It wasn’t nothin’. It was a good, tough, hard-fought game. It was competitive, just out there playing, two physical teams that want to win, a lot of emotions flying, so just part of basketball.”
Arena security decided not to take any further action following the incident in the hallway. We’ll see if the league office feels the same way.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 21
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 70
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8