Nov 15, 2012, 10:40 AM EST
It wasn’t a fight. But it was close.
With 2:05 left in the game, they lined up across each other across the free throw lane as Russell Westbrook shot and the verbal taunts didn’t end (with talk of fighting after the game near the team bus), and the referees had enough. Both were ejected from the game.
But that wasn’t the end of it, reports the Oklahoman.
After the two players were separated, Perkins ran off the court in front of the Thunder bench and into a hallway, where he had another altercation with Randolph outside the postgame interview room next to the Thunder locker room.
The players were separated by Oklahoma City police officers. People in the postgame interview area heard something being slammed against the door.
Perkins wouldn’t discuss it after the game. Zach Randolph downplayed it.
“It wasn’t nothin’. It was a good, tough, hard-fought game. It was competitive, just out there playing, two physical teams that want to win, a lot of emotions flying, so just part of basketball.”
Arena security decided not to take any further action following the incident in the hallway. We’ll see if the league office feels the same way.
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 4
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 12
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 19
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30