Nov 15, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade played Wednesday night in Los Angeles in Miami’s loss to the Clippers, after being declared a game-time decision with a sore foot. It was clear that Wade wasn’t right, so that might be the reason behind the Heat shutting him down on the second night of a back-to-back in Denver.
Wade will sit out Thursday night’s nationally televised contest against the Nuggets, and based on his 2-of-10 shooting performance last night in L.A., that’s likely the right decision.
The Heat are in the enviable position of playing for the postseason; the team knows now that it’s capable of winning a championship, so these games in November have little meaning to an organization that plans on priming itself for a playoff run that doesn’t begin until mid-April.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 11
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48