Nov 15, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade played Wednesday night in Los Angeles in Miami’s loss to the Clippers, after being declared a game-time decision with a sore foot. It was clear that Wade wasn’t right, so that might be the reason behind the Heat shutting him down on the second night of a back-to-back in Denver.
Wade will sit out Thursday night’s nationally televised contest against the Nuggets, and based on his 2-of-10 shooting performance last night in L.A., that’s likely the right decision.
The Heat are in the enviable position of playing for the postseason; the team knows now that it’s capable of winning a championship, so these games in November have little meaning to an organization that plans on priming itself for a playoff run that doesn’t begin until mid-April.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16