Nov 15, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade played Wednesday night in Los Angeles in Miami’s loss to the Clippers, after being declared a game-time decision with a sore foot. It was clear that Wade wasn’t right, so that might be the reason behind the Heat shutting him down on the second night of a back-to-back in Denver.
Wade will sit out Thursday night’s nationally televised contest against the Nuggets, and based on his 2-of-10 shooting performance last night in L.A., that’s likely the right decision.
The Heat are in the enviable position of playing for the postseason; the team knows now that it’s capable of winning a championship, so these games in November have little meaning to an organization that plans on priming itself for a playoff run that doesn’t begin until mid-April.
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 37
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 35
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43