Nov 15, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade played Wednesday night in Los Angeles in Miami’s loss to the Clippers, after being declared a game-time decision with a sore foot. It was clear that Wade wasn’t right, so that might be the reason behind the Heat shutting him down on the second night of a back-to-back in Denver.
Wade will sit out Thursday night’s nationally televised contest against the Nuggets, and based on his 2-of-10 shooting performance last night in L.A., that’s likely the right decision.
The Heat are in the enviable position of playing for the postseason; the team knows now that it’s capable of winning a championship, so these games in November have little meaning to an organization that plans on priming itself for a playoff run that doesn’t begin until mid-April.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 4
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 21
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 10
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 18