Nov 15, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade played Wednesday night in Los Angeles in Miami’s loss to the Clippers, after being declared a game-time decision with a sore foot. It was clear that Wade wasn’t right, so that might be the reason behind the Heat shutting him down on the second night of a back-to-back in Denver.
Wade will sit out Thursday night’s nationally televised contest against the Nuggets, and based on his 2-of-10 shooting performance last night in L.A., that’s likely the right decision.
The Heat are in the enviable position of playing for the postseason; the team knows now that it’s capable of winning a championship, so these games in November have little meaning to an organization that plans on priming itself for a playoff run that doesn’t begin until mid-April.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 20
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 37
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 8
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2