Nov 15, 2012, 1:47 PM EST
Dwyane Wade played against the Clippers Wednesday night despite a sore foot — he had X-rays, they were negative, so he decided to go. The result was 2-of-10 shooting in the Heat loss.
Wade aggravated his left foot injury in that game, reports Brian Windhorst of ESPN. Wade is now questionable for Thursday’s game against high-flying Denver. My guess is there is little chance Erik Spoelstra plays him in a back-to-back here.
Wade is averaging 16.9 points per game on 47 percent shooting this season, well off the 22.1 points on 49.7 percent shooting he averaged last season. He’s averaging 2.7 fewer shots per game this season and the big concern is 2.3 of those are coming at the rim where he is finishing 77 percent of his chances (stats via Hoopdata).
This s not the attacking Dwyane Wade of previous years, and the foot may be part of that.
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 0
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 7
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 14
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)