Nov 15, 2012, 1:47 PM EST
Dwyane Wade played against the Clippers Wednesday night despite a sore foot — he had X-rays, they were negative, so he decided to go. The result was 2-of-10 shooting in the Heat loss.
Wade aggravated his left foot injury in that game, reports Brian Windhorst of ESPN. Wade is now questionable for Thursday’s game against high-flying Denver. My guess is there is little chance Erik Spoelstra plays him in a back-to-back here.
Wade is averaging 16.9 points per game on 47 percent shooting this season, well off the 22.1 points on 49.7 percent shooting he averaged last season. He’s averaging 2.7 fewer shots per game this season and the big concern is 2.3 of those are coming at the rim where he is finishing 77 percent of his chances (stats via Hoopdata).
This s not the attacking Dwyane Wade of previous years, and the foot may be part of that.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13