Nov 15, 2012, 1:47 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade played against the Clippers Wednesday night despite a sore foot — he had X-rays, they were negative, so he decided to go. The result was 2-of-10 shooting in the Heat loss.
Wade aggravated his left foot injury in that game, reports Brian Windhorst of ESPN. Wade is now questionable for Thursday’s game against high-flying Denver. My guess is there is little chance Erik Spoelstra plays him in a back-to-back here.
Wade is averaging 16.9 points per game on 47 percent shooting this season, well off the 22.1 points on 49.7 percent shooting he averaged last season. He’s averaging 2.7 fewer shots per game this season and the big concern is 2.3 of those are coming at the rim where he is finishing 77 percent of his chances (stats via Hoopdata).
This s not the attacking Dwyane Wade of previous years, and the foot may be part of that.
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 4
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 5
- NBA Playoff Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards 19
- Report: Steve Kerr “expects” to be offered, will take Knicks coaching job 15