Nov 15, 2012, 10:44 PM EST
The Golden State Warriors are off on a three-game road trip, but their key big man is staying in Los Angeles to try to get himself healthy enough to return to the lineup.
Andrew Bogut has been undergoing injection treatments on his surgically repaired ankle, in hopes of expediting the healing process. He’ll continue to do so as his teammates travel, reports Sam Amick of USA Today:
The Warriors have confirmed that Bogut has received Regenokine injections, a blood-manipulation treatment on his ankle that is similar to the one Lakers star Kobe Bryant had on his right knee during the 2011 offseason and to which he credits his physical revival ever since. The procedure is expected to assist in Bogut’s recovery and diminish the inflammation in the ankle.
Regenokine injections, according to its website, is a program that uses “the body’s own proteins to reduce inflammation.” It is used to treat osteoarthritis, joint pain, low back pain and some muscle and tendon issues.
Really, it appears that Bogut is willing to try anything at this point. And I can tell you from an emotional standpoint, the fact that it’s taking so long for him to be back at full strength is beginning to wear on Bogut, because he wants nothing more than to return to the lineup at full strength, and without restrictions.
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 0
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 9
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)