Nov 14, 2012, 6:33 PM EDT
I have gone and watched my 9-year-old neighbor’s basketball games, and I have never seen anything like this video out of a Belgian league of some age (hat tip to The Big Lead).
Let’s go over what is wrong here. First, notice the player in the dark uniform is shooting a free throw, which he misses. Then our hero in the yellow uniform makes a nice aggressive move down the lane to get the defensive rebound. Then he inexplicably shoots it at his own basket. And misses from point-blank range. Then gets his own rebound (because his teammates ran down court to get on offense) and shoots and misses again. And again. And again. Until a teammate has to come in and block his shot to get him to stop.
This would be the new video I put up to make me laugh when something starts to bother me. I think it’s going to work better than Katy Perry’s “California Girlz.”
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10