Nov 14, 2012, 6:33 PM EDT
I have gone and watched my 9-year-old neighbor’s basketball games, and I have never seen anything like this video out of a Belgian league of some age (hat tip to The Big Lead).
Let’s go over what is wrong here. First, notice the player in the dark uniform is shooting a free throw, which he misses. Then our hero in the yellow uniform makes a nice aggressive move down the lane to get the defensive rebound. Then he inexplicably shoots it at his own basket. And misses from point-blank range. Then gets his own rebound (because his teammates ran down court to get on offense) and shoots and misses again. And again. And again. Until a teammate has to come in and block his shot to get him to stop.
This would be the new video I put up to make me laugh when something starts to bother me. I think it’s going to work better than Katy Perry’s “California Girlz.”
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 0
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 3
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 6
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 5
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 34
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 80
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 20