Nov 14, 2012, 6:33 PM EDT
I have gone and watched my 9-year-old neighbor’s basketball games, and I have never seen anything like this video out of a Belgian league of some age (hat tip to The Big Lead).
Let’s go over what is wrong here. First, notice the player in the dark uniform is shooting a free throw, which he misses. Then our hero in the yellow uniform makes a nice aggressive move down the lane to get the defensive rebound. Then he inexplicably shoots it at his own basket. And misses from point-blank range. Then gets his own rebound (because his teammates ran down court to get on offense) and shoots and misses again. And again. And again. Until a teammate has to come in and block his shot to get him to stop.
This would be the new video I put up to make me laugh when something starts to bother me. I think it’s going to work better than Katy Perry’s “California Girlz.”
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 11
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10