Nov 14, 2012, 6:33 PM EDT
I have gone and watched my 9-year-old neighbor’s basketball games, and I have never seen anything like this video out of a Belgian league of some age (hat tip to The Big Lead).
Let’s go over what is wrong here. First, notice the player in the dark uniform is shooting a free throw, which he misses. Then our hero in the yellow uniform makes a nice aggressive move down the lane to get the defensive rebound. Then he inexplicably shoots it at his own basket. And misses from point-blank range. Then gets his own rebound (because his teammates ran down court to get on offense) and shoots and misses again. And again. And again. Until a teammate has to come in and block his shot to get him to stop.
This would be the new video I put up to make me laugh when something starts to bother me. I think it’s going to work better than Katy Perry’s “California Girlz.”
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29