Nov 14, 2012, 6:33 PM EDT
I have gone and watched my 9-year-old neighbor’s basketball games, and I have never seen anything like this video out of a Belgian league of some age (hat tip to The Big Lead).
Let’s go over what is wrong here. First, notice the player in the dark uniform is shooting a free throw, which he misses. Then our hero in the yellow uniform makes a nice aggressive move down the lane to get the defensive rebound. Then he inexplicably shoots it at his own basket. And misses from point-blank range. Then gets his own rebound (because his teammates ran down court to get on offense) and shoots and misses again. And again. And again. Until a teammate has to come in and block his shot to get him to stop.
This would be the new video I put up to make me laugh when something starts to bother me. I think it’s going to work better than Katy Perry’s “California Girlz.”
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 43
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 55
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10