Nov 14, 2012, 11:40 AM EST
Against Indiana Monday night LaMarcus Aldridge fell, put his hands out to break the fall and tweaked his wrist.
It got worse over the next 24 hours. How much worse? Look what he told Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com before the game.
In warmups, he says he couldn’t shoot the ball & it scared him. Says he thought something would come up in the X-ray. X-ray was negative.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) November 14, 2012
Aldridge played against the Hawks but was not himself, shooting 5-of-14 from the floor (although still getting 19 points) in a game Damian Lillard had to take over.
Aldridge said the wrist didn’t loosen up during the game, Haynes reports.
“Nah, it didn’t,” Aldridge said. “But I was so cautious with it that it didn’t get any worse. I think all my free throws tonight, I didn’t have a follow through because it still hurts. I was kind of shot-putting it tonight, but hopefully I can ice it tomorrow and I should be better by (Friday).”
The Blazers are off until Friday when they host the Rockets. Doesn’t sound like Aldridge will miss time, but it’s something to watch.
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 4
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 24
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36