Nov 14, 2012, 11:40 AM EDT
Against Indiana Monday night LaMarcus Aldridge fell, put his hands out to break the fall and tweaked his wrist.
It got worse over the next 24 hours. How much worse? Look what he told Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com before the game.
In warmups, he says he couldn’t shoot the ball & it scared him. Says he thought something would come up in the X-ray. X-ray was negative.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) November 14, 2012
Aldridge played against the Hawks but was not himself, shooting 5-of-14 from the floor (although still getting 19 points) in a game Damian Lillard had to take over.
Aldridge said the wrist didn’t loosen up during the game, Haynes reports.
“Nah, it didn’t,” Aldridge said. “But I was so cautious with it that it didn’t get any worse. I think all my free throws tonight, I didn’t have a follow through because it still hurts. I was kind of shot-putting it tonight, but hopefully I can ice it tomorrow and I should be better by (Friday).”
The Blazers are off until Friday when they host the Rockets. Doesn’t sound like Aldridge will miss time, but it’s something to watch.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32