Nov 14, 2012, 11:40 AM EDT
Against Indiana Monday night LaMarcus Aldridge fell, put his hands out to break the fall and tweaked his wrist.
It got worse over the next 24 hours. How much worse? Look what he told Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com before the game.
In warmups, he says he couldn’t shoot the ball & it scared him. Says he thought something would come up in the X-ray. X-ray was negative.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) November 14, 2012
Aldridge played against the Hawks but was not himself, shooting 5-of-14 from the floor (although still getting 19 points) in a game Damian Lillard had to take over.
Aldridge said the wrist didn’t loosen up during the game, Haynes reports.
“Nah, it didn’t,” Aldridge said. “But I was so cautious with it that it didn’t get any worse. I think all my free throws tonight, I didn’t have a follow through because it still hurts. I was kind of shot-putting it tonight, but hopefully I can ice it tomorrow and I should be better by (Friday).”
The Blazers are off until Friday when they host the Rockets. Doesn’t sound like Aldridge will miss time, but it’s something to watch.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49