Nov 14, 2012, 11:40 AM EDT
Against Indiana Monday night LaMarcus Aldridge fell, put his hands out to break the fall and tweaked his wrist.
It got worse over the next 24 hours. How much worse? Look what he told Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com before the game.
In warmups, he says he couldn’t shoot the ball & it scared him. Says he thought something would come up in the X-ray. X-ray was negative.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) November 14, 2012
Aldridge played against the Hawks but was not himself, shooting 5-of-14 from the floor (although still getting 19 points) in a game Damian Lillard had to take over.
Aldridge said the wrist didn’t loosen up during the game, Haynes reports.
“Nah, it didn’t,” Aldridge said. “But I was so cautious with it that it didn’t get any worse. I think all my free throws tonight, I didn’t have a follow through because it still hurts. I was kind of shot-putting it tonight, but hopefully I can ice it tomorrow and I should be better by (Friday).”
The Blazers are off until Friday when they host the Rockets. Doesn’t sound like Aldridge will miss time, but it’s something to watch.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 5
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 12
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 66
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14