Nov 14, 2012, 11:40 AM EDT
Against Indiana Monday night LaMarcus Aldridge fell, put his hands out to break the fall and tweaked his wrist.
It got worse over the next 24 hours. How much worse? Look what he told Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com before the game.
In warmups, he says he couldn’t shoot the ball & it scared him. Says he thought something would come up in the X-ray. X-ray was negative.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) November 14, 2012
Aldridge played against the Hawks but was not himself, shooting 5-of-14 from the floor (although still getting 19 points) in a game Damian Lillard had to take over.
Aldridge said the wrist didn’t loosen up during the game, Haynes reports.
“Nah, it didn’t,” Aldridge said. “But I was so cautious with it that it didn’t get any worse. I think all my free throws tonight, I didn’t have a follow through because it still hurts. I was kind of shot-putting it tonight, but hopefully I can ice it tomorrow and I should be better by (Friday).”
The Blazers are off until Friday when they host the Rockets. Doesn’t sound like Aldridge will miss time, but it’s something to watch.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11