Nov 14, 2012, 12:01 PM EST
Kyrie Irving hates the cinematic dunks — the ones that bring time almost to a halt, while players float through the air on the way to ultimately paying it off with what is usually a thunderous throwdown.
So, in this latest spot from Foot Locker, he finds ways to occupy his time while waiting for that ride to the rim to come to it’s anti-climactic conclusion.
This is no Uncle Drew, but it’s solid because I think we’ve all grown tired of these types of spots, right? Good way to put the onus on those creating these things to find a new way to best showcase the NBA’s athleticism.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 2
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 6
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 13
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8