Nov 14, 2012, 5:11 PM EDT
UPDATE 10:05 p.m. ET: Wade will play tonight, according to the Heat (via Ken Berger of CBSSports.com)
Dwyane Wade will be a game-time decision for Wednesday night’s nationally televised contest against the Clippers at Staples Center, according to multiple reports.
Wade did not practice on Wednesday, and is expected to get an X-ray well before tip-off. He injured his left foot in Monday’s win in Houston, twisting his ankle after stepping on the foot of Chris Bosh.
Wade said he’s hopeful the injury isn’t serious and that he’ll be able to go, via Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com:
“Hopefully there’s nothing wrong and I’ll just see if I’m able to put the pressure on I need to to play,” Wade said. “Personally I think it’s a deep bruise. I have to make sure it’s nothing more than that because it’s on the bone.”
Wade is averaging 16.7 points per game while shooting 50.6 percent from the field on the season.
If he can’t go, there’s always the possibility of starting Ray Allen alongside Mario Chalmers in the backcourt. Or, if Erik Spoelstra prefers to keep his rotations fairly consistent, Norris Cole would be the other logical option.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30