Nov 14, 2012, 5:11 PM EST
UPDATE 10:05 p.m. ET: Wade will play tonight, according to the Heat (via Ken Berger of CBSSports.com)
Dwyane Wade will be a game-time decision for Wednesday night’s nationally televised contest against the Clippers at Staples Center, according to multiple reports.
Wade did not practice on Wednesday, and is expected to get an X-ray well before tip-off. He injured his left foot in Monday’s win in Houston, twisting his ankle after stepping on the foot of Chris Bosh.
Wade said he’s hopeful the injury isn’t serious and that he’ll be able to go, via Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com:
“Hopefully there’s nothing wrong and I’ll just see if I’m able to put the pressure on I need to to play,” Wade said. “Personally I think it’s a deep bruise. I have to make sure it’s nothing more than that because it’s on the bone.”
Wade is averaging 16.7 points per game while shooting 50.6 percent from the field on the season.
If he can’t go, there’s always the possibility of starting Ray Allen alongside Mario Chalmers in the backcourt. Or, if Erik Spoelstra prefers to keep his rotations fairly consistent, Norris Cole would be the other logical option.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 0
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 1
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 16
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 42
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45