Nov 14, 2012, 5:11 PM EDT
UPDATE 10:05 p.m. ET: Wade will play tonight, according to the Heat (via Ken Berger of CBSSports.com)
Dwyane Wade will be a game-time decision for Wednesday night’s nationally televised contest against the Clippers at Staples Center, according to multiple reports.
Wade did not practice on Wednesday, and is expected to get an X-ray well before tip-off. He injured his left foot in Monday’s win in Houston, twisting his ankle after stepping on the foot of Chris Bosh.
Wade said he’s hopeful the injury isn’t serious and that he’ll be able to go, via Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com:
“Hopefully there’s nothing wrong and I’ll just see if I’m able to put the pressure on I need to to play,” Wade said. “Personally I think it’s a deep bruise. I have to make sure it’s nothing more than that because it’s on the bone.”
Wade is averaging 16.7 points per game while shooting 50.6 percent from the field on the season.
If he can’t go, there’s always the possibility of starting Ray Allen alongside Mario Chalmers in the backcourt. Or, if Erik Spoelstra prefers to keep his rotations fairly consistent, Norris Cole would be the other logical option.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 8
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34