Nov 14, 2012, 5:11 PM EDT
UPDATE 10:05 p.m. ET: Wade will play tonight, according to the Heat (via Ken Berger of CBSSports.com)
Dwyane Wade will be a game-time decision for Wednesday night’s nationally televised contest against the Clippers at Staples Center, according to multiple reports.
Wade did not practice on Wednesday, and is expected to get an X-ray well before tip-off. He injured his left foot in Monday’s win in Houston, twisting his ankle after stepping on the foot of Chris Bosh.
Wade said he’s hopeful the injury isn’t serious and that he’ll be able to go, via Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com:
“Hopefully there’s nothing wrong and I’ll just see if I’m able to put the pressure on I need to to play,” Wade said. “Personally I think it’s a deep bruise. I have to make sure it’s nothing more than that because it’s on the bone.”
Wade is averaging 16.7 points per game while shooting 50.6 percent from the field on the season.
If he can’t go, there’s always the possibility of starting Ray Allen alongside Mario Chalmers in the backcourt. Or, if Erik Spoelstra prefers to keep his rotations fairly consistent, Norris Cole would be the other logical option.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6