Nov 14, 2012, 1:25 PM EDT
Andrew Bogut wasn’t right, he wasn’t fully healed from his off-season ankle surgery and it showed on the court. So the Warriors decided to give him a week to 10 days to let it heal more.
That wasn’t enough.
Warriors coach Mark Jackson says Bogut is not going with the Warriors on their current three-game road trip, meaning at soonest he would return is after two weeks and six games missed, reports Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com.
And it sounds like he could be out longer.
“That’s where we are,” Jackson said. “He’s going to continue to rehab and when he’s ready to go, he’s ready to go. I don’t even think it makes sense to put a number on it. At the end of the day, when he’s ready, he’s ready. We’re not going to force a timetable. We’re going to use wisdom on it.”
Bogut told a Bay Area radio station he had not had any setbacks with his ankle but was not making progress either, reports Steinmetz.
If the Warriors are serious about getting him to 100 percent before he steps back on the court it could be December or longer before his return.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 57
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 17
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31