Nov 14, 2012, 1:25 PM EST
Andrew Bogut wasn’t right, he wasn’t fully healed from his off-season ankle surgery and it showed on the court. So the Warriors decided to give him a week to 10 days to let it heal more.
That wasn’t enough.
Warriors coach Mark Jackson says Bogut is not going with the Warriors on their current three-game road trip, meaning at soonest he would return is after two weeks and six games missed, reports Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com.
And it sounds like he could be out longer.
“That’s where we are,” Jackson said. “He’s going to continue to rehab and when he’s ready to go, he’s ready to go. I don’t even think it makes sense to put a number on it. At the end of the day, when he’s ready, he’s ready. We’re not going to force a timetable. We’re going to use wisdom on it.”
Bogut told a Bay Area radio station he had not had any setbacks with his ankle but was not making progress either, reports Steinmetz.
If the Warriors are serious about getting him to 100 percent before he steps back on the court it could be December or longer before his return.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 15
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)