Nov 14, 2012, 1:25 PM EDT
Andrew Bogut wasn’t right, he wasn’t fully healed from his off-season ankle surgery and it showed on the court. So the Warriors decided to give him a week to 10 days to let it heal more.
That wasn’t enough.
Warriors coach Mark Jackson says Bogut is not going with the Warriors on their current three-game road trip, meaning at soonest he would return is after two weeks and six games missed, reports Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com.
And it sounds like he could be out longer.
“That’s where we are,” Jackson said. “He’s going to continue to rehab and when he’s ready to go, he’s ready to go. I don’t even think it makes sense to put a number on it. At the end of the day, when he’s ready, he’s ready. We’re not going to force a timetable. We’re going to use wisdom on it.”
Bogut told a Bay Area radio station he had not had any setbacks with his ankle but was not making progress either, reports Steinmetz.
If the Warriors are serious about getting him to 100 percent before he steps back on the court it could be December or longer before his return.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 16
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32