Nov 14, 2012, 1:25 PM EDT
Andrew Bogut wasn’t right, he wasn’t fully healed from his off-season ankle surgery and it showed on the court. So the Warriors decided to give him a week to 10 days to let it heal more.
That wasn’t enough.
Warriors coach Mark Jackson says Bogut is not going with the Warriors on their current three-game road trip, meaning at soonest he would return is after two weeks and six games missed, reports Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com.
And it sounds like he could be out longer.
“That’s where we are,” Jackson said. “He’s going to continue to rehab and when he’s ready to go, he’s ready to go. I don’t even think it makes sense to put a number on it. At the end of the day, when he’s ready, he’s ready. We’re not going to force a timetable. We’re going to use wisdom on it.”
Bogut told a Bay Area radio station he had not had any setbacks with his ankle but was not making progress either, reports Steinmetz.
If the Warriors are serious about getting him to 100 percent before he steps back on the court it could be December or longer before his return.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48