Nov 14, 2012, 1:25 PM EDT
Andrew Bogut wasn’t right, he wasn’t fully healed from his off-season ankle surgery and it showed on the court. So the Warriors decided to give him a week to 10 days to let it heal more.
That wasn’t enough.
Warriors coach Mark Jackson says Bogut is not going with the Warriors on their current three-game road trip, meaning at soonest he would return is after two weeks and six games missed, reports Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com.
And it sounds like he could be out longer.
“That’s where we are,” Jackson said. “He’s going to continue to rehab and when he’s ready to go, he’s ready to go. I don’t even think it makes sense to put a number on it. At the end of the day, when he’s ready, he’s ready. We’re not going to force a timetable. We’re going to use wisdom on it.”
Bogut told a Bay Area radio station he had not had any setbacks with his ankle but was not making progress either, reports Steinmetz.
If the Warriors are serious about getting him to 100 percent before he steps back on the court it could be December or longer before his return.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5