Video: James Harden high-fives invisible teammates

Nov 13, 2012, 3:18 PM EDT

You gotta love James Harden.

Here the beard hits his technical free throw and then walks forward to high-five all the nonexistent guys in the lane. Classic.

At least Harden is keeping his sense of humor as the Rockets struggle to find their way.

Hat tip to SLAM.

1. rocketsbb - Nov 13, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Man they should’ve won that game, but there were 3 times the refs called fouls on the rockets for heat flops.

• edweird0 - Nov 13, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Bitch bitch bitch, complain complain complain. All I hear are excuses. You guys had every opportunity to win this outright and ya didn’t so please stop with the crocodile tears

2. abchome - Nov 13, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Gary Neal did that before. It was funny.

3. dinklespiel - Nov 13, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Looks like James could have used help from the invisibles more than the zombies he was playing with.

4. nbascreed - Nov 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM

You guys do realize that it’s part of his routine right? Most guys have a routine IN BETWEEN free throws too! It’d be nice for some fellow ballers to weigh in.

5. badintent - Nov 13, 2012 at 11:34 PM

He’s averaging 25+ a game. he can do what ever he wants.

I’m Kurt Helin and I approved this message.

6. davidly - Nov 14, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Nice fella, good sense of humor. What sells it for me, is that he does such a understated, yet realistic job at it, like he studied with Lindsay Kemp or something.

• lyndseymarieee - Nov 14, 2012 at 9:06 AM

you must’ve never watched a thunder game if you think he is doing it for attention. if you had watched one of their games you notice that all of players on that team that go to shoot free throws always high five one another after the first shot whether it is a make or a miss. he was just doing something he is used to but obviously something that is not done on that team.

• lyndseymarieee - Nov 14, 2012 at 9:07 AM

this was meant to be for the person below me, not you. maybe I should try commenting from my computer and not my phone.

7. kavika6 - Nov 14, 2012 at 4:54 AM

Anything for attention. As if the hideous beard isn’t enough. Too bad as someone said, it isn’t unprecedented. Gary Neal was first.

• bbk1000 - Nov 14, 2012 at 6:35 AM

It’s always refeshing to hear the ladies opinion about a beard, I hear it all the time, good or bad.

I have noticed though that the only men who hate beards are the men that can’t grow them.

8. flyrocket31 - Nov 14, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Bosh missed a dunk on a horrible jump and the rockets were called for a foul when we had the momentum. and everytime it seemed Lebron was touched it was automatically called. he can get bumped its just ticky tacky fouls that did the rockets in.

• badintent - Nov 15, 2012 at 7:54 PM

LeBron is now MJ2.0 in the foul department. Except where John Starks was concerned.

Heat can make playoffs without LeBron
Top 10 NBA Player Searches