Nov 13, 2012, 9:21 PM EDT
Donny Marshall, former NBA player and current Comcast Sportsnet New England analyst, was on NBC Sports Network’s “Sports Talk” and is not sold that Mike D’Antoni’s system is best for the Lakers — normally the two-guard is just a space-the-floor shooter in his system and that is not going to keep Kobe Bryant happy. He wonders how much the Lakers veterans will want to run.
My question is how much is D’Antoni willing to modify his system to fit his personnel — he could be hard-headed in New York about it, but these Lakers need to be more 15 seconds or less. I do think D’Antoni will get a buy in from Kobe in a way he did not from Carmelo Anthony. Watching the Lakers the last couple games under Bernie Bickerstaff, you realize this team moves the rock, they are not ball stoppers.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 37
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 46
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 10
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 24
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11