Nov 13, 2012, 9:21 PM EDT
Donny Marshall, former NBA player and current Comcast Sportsnet New England analyst, was on NBC Sports Network’s “Sports Talk” and is not sold that Mike D’Antoni’s system is best for the Lakers — normally the two-guard is just a space-the-floor shooter in his system and that is not going to keep Kobe Bryant happy. He wonders how much the Lakers veterans will want to run.
My question is how much is D’Antoni willing to modify his system to fit his personnel — he could be hard-headed in New York about it, but these Lakers need to be more 15 seconds or less. I do think D’Antoni will get a buy in from Kobe in a way he did not from Carmelo Anthony. Watching the Lakers the last couple games under Bernie Bickerstaff, you realize this team moves the rock, they are not ball stoppers.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50