Nov 13, 2012, 9:21 PM EST
Donny Marshall, former NBA player and current Comcast Sportsnet New England analyst, was on NBC Sports Network’s “Sports Talk” and is not sold that Mike D’Antoni’s system is best for the Lakers — normally the two-guard is just a space-the-floor shooter in his system and that is not going to keep Kobe Bryant happy. He wonders how much the Lakers veterans will want to run.
My question is how much is D’Antoni willing to modify his system to fit his personnel — he could be hard-headed in New York about it, but these Lakers need to be more 15 seconds or less. I do think D’Antoni will get a buy in from Kobe in a way he did not from Carmelo Anthony. Watching the Lakers the last couple games under Bernie Bickerstaff, you realize this team moves the rock, they are not ball stoppers.
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 5
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 5
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 13
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 35
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 2
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (68)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)