Nov 13, 2012, 6:06 PM EST
UPDATE 6:06 pm: And it’s official, with the Bobcats confirmed that the trade has gone through.
These two veteran bench players may bet a little more run and a chance to show what they can do in their new surroundings in a way they did not so far this season. Both teams get a little roster balance out of this.
4:29 pm: It would be a trade of veteran guys who are not getting off the bench where they are now. And likely how much they play doesn’t change a whole lot if this were to go down.
But the Bobcats and Hornets are talking trade, reports Marc Stein of ESPN.
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) November 13, 2012
We’ll see if this happens. Not a big deal either way.
Carroll, the 6’6” swingman, has played in one game and a total of six minutes for the Bobcats. While he had some solid years with the Bobcats in the middle of the last decade, I think we should reiterate this — he can’t get off the Bobcats bench.
Warrick is a 6’9” forward who has played just one game for the Hornets. He was a throw in to balance salaries in the Robin Lopez trade last summer, but the Hornets didn’t really need him. Again, a nice career but not getting used on a team that is not all that good.
It could give both teams some depth at spots they are a little thinner. Carroll is in the last year of his deal, Warrick has one season after this one but the deal has a club option. They can cut him if they want. So, I guess this is a fine trade. Doesn’t really make a big difference.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18