Nov 13, 2012, 6:06 PM EDT
UPDATE 6:06 pm: And it’s official, with the Bobcats confirmed that the trade has gone through.
These two veteran bench players may bet a little more run and a chance to show what they can do in their new surroundings in a way they did not so far this season. Both teams get a little roster balance out of this.
4:29 pm: It would be a trade of veteran guys who are not getting off the bench where they are now. And likely how much they play doesn’t change a whole lot if this were to go down.
But the Bobcats and Hornets are talking trade, reports Marc Stein of ESPN.
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) November 13, 2012
We’ll see if this happens. Not a big deal either way.
Carroll, the 6’6” swingman, has played in one game and a total of six minutes for the Bobcats. While he had some solid years with the Bobcats in the middle of the last decade, I think we should reiterate this — he can’t get off the Bobcats bench.
Warrick is a 6’9” forward who has played just one game for the Hornets. He was a throw in to balance salaries in the Robin Lopez trade last summer, but the Hornets didn’t really need him. Again, a nice career but not getting used on a team that is not all that good.
It could give both teams some depth at spots they are a little thinner. Carroll is in the last year of his deal, Warrick has one season after this one but the deal has a club option. They can cut him if they want. So, I guess this is a fine trade. Doesn’t really make a big difference.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3