Nov 13, 2012, 6:06 PM EST
UPDATE 6:06 pm: And it’s official, with the Bobcats confirmed that the trade has gone through.
These two veteran bench players may bet a little more run and a chance to show what they can do in their new surroundings in a way they did not so far this season. Both teams get a little roster balance out of this.
4:29 pm: It would be a trade of veteran guys who are not getting off the bench where they are now. And likely how much they play doesn’t change a whole lot if this were to go down.
But the Bobcats and Hornets are talking trade, reports Marc Stein of ESPN.
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) November 13, 2012
We’ll see if this happens. Not a big deal either way.
Carroll, the 6’6” swingman, has played in one game and a total of six minutes for the Bobcats. While he had some solid years with the Bobcats in the middle of the last decade, I think we should reiterate this — he can’t get off the Bobcats bench.
Warrick is a 6’9” forward who has played just one game for the Hornets. He was a throw in to balance salaries in the Robin Lopez trade last summer, but the Hornets didn’t really need him. Again, a nice career but not getting used on a team that is not all that good.
It could give both teams some depth at spots they are a little thinner. Carroll is in the last year of his deal, Warrick has one season after this one but the deal has a club option. They can cut him if they want. So, I guess this is a fine trade. Doesn’t really make a big difference.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 12
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2