Nov 13, 2012, 10:23 AM EDT
Kenyon Martins remains a free agent. He had gone from saying he wanted more than the league minimum and was only going to play for a contender to saying he will play for the league minimum and he will play for anyone.
But he’d still like to be in Miami, according to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
For what it’s worth, a source said during Monday’s game that Heat have moved to top of Kenyon Martin‘s wish list.
Certainly the Heat could use another player along the front line for depth. While they have 15 guys currently on the roster both Terrel Harris and Josh Harrellson both have non-guaranteed deals and could be let go to make room.
But the Heat are playing well, they got a good game out of Udonis Haslem Monday night, and right now if things are going well they don’t seem inclined to make a change and bring in a guy with a big personality (and some serious game).
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 25
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9