Nov 13, 2012, 10:23 AM EDT
Kenyon Martins remains a free agent. He had gone from saying he wanted more than the league minimum and was only going to play for a contender to saying he will play for the league minimum and he will play for anyone.
But he’d still like to be in Miami, according to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
For what it’s worth, a source said during Monday’s game that Heat have moved to top of Kenyon Martin‘s wish list.
Certainly the Heat could use another player along the front line for depth. While they have 15 guys currently on the roster both Terrel Harris and Josh Harrellson both have non-guaranteed deals and could be let go to make room.
But the Heat are playing well, they got a good game out of Udonis Haslem Monday night, and right now if things are going well they don’t seem inclined to make a change and bring in a guy with a big personality (and some serious game).
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34