Nov 13, 2012, 12:53 PM EDT
Minnesota’s long list of injuries is long and serious. It’s a huge credit to coach Rick Adelman that the Timberwolves are 5-2 this young season.
But they are thinking about bringing in some reinforcements, reports Jerry Zgoda at the Star Tribune.
Adelman said there have been internal discussions about whom the team might add. That list likely includes free-agent wings Mikael Pietrus, Josh Howard and Chris Douglas-Roberts along with Utah’s Raja Bell, who has been exiled from the Jazz.
“I couldn’t even tell you,” Adelman said when asked about getting an injury exemption. “We’re just trying to get through this game. I haven’t even asked about that.”
Pietrus seems to be on the top of their list, tweets Darren Wolfson.
I’m told the #Twolves spoke with Pietrus’ camp yesterday. They want him. $$ still an issue. All they have to offer is the vet minimum.
— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) November 12, 2012
Any free agent on the market that thinks they are getting more than the minimum right now needs to rejoin us in reality.
Frankly, none of those options are terrible attractive, but it’s not like the Timberwolves have a lot of options. Especially if guys keep dropping like flies.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 26
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 38
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 61
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2