Nov 13, 2012, 12:53 PM EST
Minnesota’s long list of injuries is long and serious. It’s a huge credit to coach Rick Adelman that the Timberwolves are 5-2 this young season.
But they are thinking about bringing in some reinforcements, reports Jerry Zgoda at the Star Tribune.
Adelman said there have been internal discussions about whom the team might add. That list likely includes free-agent wings Mikael Pietrus, Josh Howard and Chris Douglas-Roberts along with Utah’s Raja Bell, who has been exiled from the Jazz.
“I couldn’t even tell you,” Adelman said when asked about getting an injury exemption. “We’re just trying to get through this game. I haven’t even asked about that.”
Pietrus seems to be on the top of their list, tweets Darren Wolfson.
I’m told the #Twolves spoke with Pietrus’ camp yesterday. They want him. $$ still an issue. All they have to offer is the vet minimum.
— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) November 12, 2012
Any free agent on the market that thinks they are getting more than the minimum right now needs to rejoin us in reality.
Frankly, none of those options are terrible attractive, but it’s not like the Timberwolves have a lot of options. Especially if guys keep dropping like flies.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 0
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39