Nov 13, 2012, 12:53 PM EDT
Minnesota’s long list of injuries is long and serious. It’s a huge credit to coach Rick Adelman that the Timberwolves are 5-2 this young season.
But they are thinking about bringing in some reinforcements, reports Jerry Zgoda at the Star Tribune.
Adelman said there have been internal discussions about whom the team might add. That list likely includes free-agent wings Mikael Pietrus, Josh Howard and Chris Douglas-Roberts along with Utah’s Raja Bell, who has been exiled from the Jazz.
“I couldn’t even tell you,” Adelman said when asked about getting an injury exemption. “We’re just trying to get through this game. I haven’t even asked about that.”
Pietrus seems to be on the top of their list, tweets Darren Wolfson.
I’m told the #Twolves spoke with Pietrus’ camp yesterday. They want him. $$ still an issue. All they have to offer is the vet minimum.
— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) November 12, 2012
Any free agent on the market that thinks they are getting more than the minimum right now needs to rejoin us in reality.
Frankly, none of those options are terrible attractive, but it’s not like the Timberwolves have a lot of options. Especially if guys keep dropping like flies.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 74
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20