Nov 13, 2012, 12:53 PM EDT
Minnesota’s long list of injuries is long and serious. It’s a huge credit to coach Rick Adelman that the Timberwolves are 5-2 this young season.
But they are thinking about bringing in some reinforcements, reports Jerry Zgoda at the Star Tribune.
Adelman said there have been internal discussions about whom the team might add. That list likely includes free-agent wings Mikael Pietrus, Josh Howard and Chris Douglas-Roberts along with Utah’s Raja Bell, who has been exiled from the Jazz.
“I couldn’t even tell you,” Adelman said when asked about getting an injury exemption. “We’re just trying to get through this game. I haven’t even asked about that.”
Pietrus seems to be on the top of their list, tweets Darren Wolfson.
I’m told the #Twolves spoke with Pietrus’ camp yesterday. They want him. $$ still an issue. All they have to offer is the vet minimum.
— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) November 12, 2012
Any free agent on the market that thinks they are getting more than the minimum right now needs to rejoin us in reality.
Frankly, none of those options are terrible attractive, but it’s not like the Timberwolves have a lot of options. Especially if guys keep dropping like flies.
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 1
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 55
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 62
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 21
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 40
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30