Nov 13, 2012, 12:53 PM EDT
Minnesota’s long list of injuries is long and serious. It’s a huge credit to coach Rick Adelman that the Timberwolves are 5-2 this young season.
But they are thinking about bringing in some reinforcements, reports Jerry Zgoda at the Star Tribune.
Adelman said there have been internal discussions about whom the team might add. That list likely includes free-agent wings Mikael Pietrus, Josh Howard and Chris Douglas-Roberts along with Utah’s Raja Bell, who has been exiled from the Jazz.
“I couldn’t even tell you,” Adelman said when asked about getting an injury exemption. “We’re just trying to get through this game. I haven’t even asked about that.”
Pietrus seems to be on the top of their list, tweets Darren Wolfson.
I’m told the #Twolves spoke with Pietrus’ camp yesterday. They want him. $$ still an issue. All they have to offer is the vet minimum.
— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) November 12, 2012
Any free agent on the market that thinks they are getting more than the minimum right now needs to rejoin us in reality.
Frankly, none of those options are terrible attractive, but it’s not like the Timberwolves have a lot of options. Especially if guys keep dropping like flies.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 19
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49