Nov 12, 2012, 10:26 AM EDT
Dan Patrick — whose show you can see broadcast every weekday on the NBC Sports Network — says it is really this simple:
The Lakers are not about winning at any cost like Magic Johnson and others have claimed because Phil Jackson was a better hire than Mike D’Antoni for the Lakers, but instead they got the lesser man and it is being spun as Jackson being too expensive.
I’ve already told you I thought the Lakers handled this poorly because they should have known the price when they picked up the phone to call PJ. I also think you can make a case that with this roster and making a mid-season change that hiring D’Antoni is the better call, but I’ll admit my bias and say I’m higher on D’Antoni than others.
But Dan Patrick makes some good points here, and I think he speaks for a lot of Lakers fans who are waking up pissed off to see that Jackson is not the guy in the big chair.
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 3
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 12
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 18
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8