Nov 12, 2012, 12:51 PM EST
Kevin Garnett plays angry. With the attitude of a 1970s hockey enforcer.
Jeff Green is fun loving. He’s also slumping to start the season — he is scoring 7.8 points per game on 40.5 percent shooting, both would be career lows if he kept it up. There was hope he would be a powerful sixth man for Boston, but early in the season there are no signs of that.
There was a flash of hope after a strong fourth quarter from Green against Milwaukee over the weekend. Green was aggressive. Kevin Garnett told A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com he wants to see more of that.
“Jeff’s a really, really nice guy,” Garnett said. “Some nights, you just gotta be an a******.”
And the turning point for Green seemed to be an attempted dunk early in the fourth quarter in which he was fouled on the play.
“After the dunk he was aggressive; he was greedy Jeff,” said a visibly excited Garnett.
Green went on to admit that he needs to be more aggressive, and certainly he is allowed the chance to play his way back into form after missing an entire season following heart surgery.
But as we get near the end of the season Boston needs greedy, a****** Green if they are going to make a serious run.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 8
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 6
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 47
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45