Nov 12, 2012, 12:51 PM EDT
Kevin Garnett plays angry. With the attitude of a 1970s hockey enforcer.
Jeff Green is fun loving. He’s also slumping to start the season — he is scoring 7.8 points per game on 40.5 percent shooting, both would be career lows if he kept it up. There was hope he would be a powerful sixth man for Boston, but early in the season there are no signs of that.
There was a flash of hope after a strong fourth quarter from Green against Milwaukee over the weekend. Green was aggressive. Kevin Garnett told A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com he wants to see more of that.
“Jeff’s a really, really nice guy,” Garnett said. “Some nights, you just gotta be an a******.”
And the turning point for Green seemed to be an attempted dunk early in the fourth quarter in which he was fouled on the play.
“After the dunk he was aggressive; he was greedy Jeff,” said a visibly excited Garnett.
Green went on to admit that he needs to be more aggressive, and certainly he is allowed the chance to play his way back into form after missing an entire season following heart surgery.
But as we get near the end of the season Boston needs greedy, a****** Green if they are going to make a serious run.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 9
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 7
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 37
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10