Nov 12, 2012, 12:51 PM EDT
Kevin Garnett plays angry. With the attitude of a 1970s hockey enforcer.
Jeff Green is fun loving. He’s also slumping to start the season — he is scoring 7.8 points per game on 40.5 percent shooting, both would be career lows if he kept it up. There was hope he would be a powerful sixth man for Boston, but early in the season there are no signs of that.
There was a flash of hope after a strong fourth quarter from Green against Milwaukee over the weekend. Green was aggressive. Kevin Garnett told A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com he wants to see more of that.
“Jeff’s a really, really nice guy,” Garnett said. “Some nights, you just gotta be an a******.”
And the turning point for Green seemed to be an attempted dunk early in the fourth quarter in which he was fouled on the play.
“After the dunk he was aggressive; he was greedy Jeff,” said a visibly excited Garnett.
Green went on to admit that he needs to be more aggressive, and certainly he is allowed the chance to play his way back into form after missing an entire season following heart surgery.
But as we get near the end of the season Boston needs greedy, a****** Green if they are going to make a serious run.
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 0
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 6
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 11
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 27
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23