Nov 12, 2012, 12:51 PM EDT
Kevin Garnett plays angry. With the attitude of a 1970s hockey enforcer.
Jeff Green is fun loving. He’s also slumping to start the season — he is scoring 7.8 points per game on 40.5 percent shooting, both would be career lows if he kept it up. There was hope he would be a powerful sixth man for Boston, but early in the season there are no signs of that.
There was a flash of hope after a strong fourth quarter from Green against Milwaukee over the weekend. Green was aggressive. Kevin Garnett told A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com he wants to see more of that.
“Jeff’s a really, really nice guy,” Garnett said. “Some nights, you just gotta be an a******.”
And the turning point for Green seemed to be an attempted dunk early in the fourth quarter in which he was fouled on the play.
“After the dunk he was aggressive; he was greedy Jeff,” said a visibly excited Garnett.
Green went on to admit that he needs to be more aggressive, and certainly he is allowed the chance to play his way back into form after missing an entire season following heart surgery.
But as we get near the end of the season Boston needs greedy, a****** Green if they are going to make a serious run.
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 2
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 11
- Report: Clippers pull out of talks with Celtics 30
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit 83
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (96)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'