Nov 12, 2012, 8:57 PM EDT
So, apparently he was just on a much, much slower schedule than anyone realized.
Andrew Bynum is not going to able to practice with the Sixers until around Dec. 10, and it will be a couple of weeks after that before he is back on the court. So we’re talking maybe Christmas.
But he says this is not a setback.
Sure. It’s not like he pushed to be back for opening night… oh, yea. Anyway, here is the quote via CSNPhilly.com (and the video of the interview is below.
“It’s better than when I started, but it’s still not there yet,” Bynum said Monday….
“It’s not a setback. It really was the original plan,” Bynum said. “I was talking to my doctor and he said it would take eight to 12 weeks. That’s a few months’ time. I’m feeling better every day, and we took an MRI on Nov. 5 and it showed that the bone bruise is getting better.”
The problem, apparently, is putting Bynum and his injury on any kind of timeline.
Sixers fans, this is life with Bynum. On the court he can be a beast, but he is not the fastest healing guy in the world. He’s not second, either.
So think of Bynum as that Christmas present you bought in the summer and put on layaway. And there aren’t any more non-setback setbacks.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 5
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 37
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?