Nov 11, 2012, 12:29 AM EDT
It was a night of firsts for the Charlotte Bobcats — the franchise got its first win ever against the Dallas Mavericks after losing every one of its first 16 tries, and a couple of its young players set personal and team milestones, as well.
So it’ll be a first that we feature two well-deserving players from the same team in our Three Stars of the Night.
Third Star: Al Jefferson (27 points, 14 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks)
It was far from a dominant performance from the Jazz, giving the Suns every opportunity to come back again and again by going long stretches without scoring. But Jefferson was the constant, leading his team in scoring and cleaning the glass to help the Jazz to a huge 52-37 rebounding advantage. He also made things tough on the Suns bigs down low, helping to defend Marcin Gortat who couldn’t manage to hit even one of his six shots in almost 30 minutes of action.
Second Star: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (25 points, 12 rebounds, 2 blocks, 41 minutes)
MKG got his first career double-double, and really had his imprint all over this game for the Bobcats. More importantly, he scored his first NBA basket without one of his shoes, as he just kept on going down the court to score in traffic after losing it near mid-court. Amazing, and you can see it in the first part of this clip.
First Star: Kemba Walker (26 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 8 steals)
Now that’s what we call stuffing the stat sheet. A dominant performance from Walker, and the eight steals tied a Bobcats franchise record, and were (obviously) the most by any player in the league this season. And in case you were wondering, he has no problem getting up to throw it down.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48