Nov 11, 2012, 9:08 PM EDT
Minnesota, off to a surprising 4-2 start, didn’t need another injury. But they got one.
Chase Budinger tore the lateral meniscus in his left knee in the Bulls game Saturday and will have surgery later this week, the Timberwolves announced Sunday. There is no timetable for his return until after his surgery.
Budinger was off the best start in his career — 12.4 points per game on 47.6 percent shooting, both career highs. He was playing well in the Timberwolves offense and was getting his shots at the rim or from three and not much in between.
He was coming off the bench behind Andrei Kirilenko and not having him is going to give Rick Adelman headaches and force some lineup shuffling for the Timberwolves, with guys like Derrick Williams maybe getting minutes at the three.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30