Nov 11, 2012, 9:08 PM EST
Minnesota, off to a surprising 4-2 start, didn’t need another injury. But they got one.
Chase Budinger tore the lateral meniscus in his left knee in the Bulls game Saturday and will have surgery later this week, the Timberwolves announced Sunday. There is no timetable for his return until after his surgery.
Budinger was off the best start in his career — 12.4 points per game on 47.6 percent shooting, both career highs. He was playing well in the Timberwolves offense and was getting his shots at the rim or from three and not much in between.
He was coming off the bench behind Andrei Kirilenko and not having him is going to give Rick Adelman headaches and force some lineup shuffling for the Timberwolves, with guys like Derrick Williams maybe getting minutes at the three.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 11
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13