Nov 11, 2012, 9:08 PM EDT
Minnesota, off to a surprising 4-2 start, didn’t need another injury. But they got one.
Chase Budinger tore the lateral meniscus in his left knee in the Bulls game Saturday and will have surgery later this week, the Timberwolves announced Sunday. There is no timetable for his return until after his surgery.
Budinger was off the best start in his career — 12.4 points per game on 47.6 percent shooting, both career highs. He was playing well in the Timberwolves offense and was getting his shots at the rim or from three and not much in between.
He was coming off the bench behind Andrei Kirilenko and not having him is going to give Rick Adelman headaches and force some lineup shuffling for the Timberwolves, with guys like Derrick Williams maybe getting minutes at the three.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16