Nov 11, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
The Bulls are managing to keep it together so far without Derrick Rose — partly due to the gritty, defense-first style that the team plays, and partly due to a fairly easy early season schedule.
If the injuries continue to pile up, however, it will become more difficult to patch together winning lineups.
Hinrich played just 58 seconds in relief of Nate Robinson in the second quarter and exited for good with 1 minute, 18 seconds remaining in the first half. It’s the third ailment already to plague the veteran guard after minor issues in the preseason with a sore thumb and groin.
The team called it a strained hip. Hinrich said it’s more his hamstring and gluteus and he would get an MRI on Sunday.
“Injuries suck, man,” Joakim Noah said. “We need him.”
Nate Robinson would be Hinrich’s replacement, and while offensively he can score in bunches, his defense and turnovers are legitimate issues that could pose some problems should Hinrich be forced to sit out for any extended period.
Marco Bellinelli might also be an option, though as you can see, there aren’t a lot of palatable ones waiting that deep on Chicago’s bench.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 5
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10