Nov 11, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
The Bulls are managing to keep it together so far without Derrick Rose — partly due to the gritty, defense-first style that the team plays, and partly due to a fairly easy early season schedule.
If the injuries continue to pile up, however, it will become more difficult to patch together winning lineups.
Hinrich played just 58 seconds in relief of Nate Robinson in the second quarter and exited for good with 1 minute, 18 seconds remaining in the first half. It’s the third ailment already to plague the veteran guard after minor issues in the preseason with a sore thumb and groin.
The team called it a strained hip. Hinrich said it’s more his hamstring and gluteus and he would get an MRI on Sunday.
“Injuries suck, man,” Joakim Noah said. “We need him.”
Nate Robinson would be Hinrich’s replacement, and while offensively he can score in bunches, his defense and turnovers are legitimate issues that could pose some problems should Hinrich be forced to sit out for any extended period.
Marco Bellinelli might also be an option, though as you can see, there aren’t a lot of palatable ones waiting that deep on Chicago’s bench.
- Kobe was never going to retire this summer, says so on twitter 2
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 78
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 20
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 46
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (79)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay