Nov 11, 2012, 1:19 PM EDT
The dunk above by Chase Budinger came early on in the Timberwolves’ loss in Chicago on Saturday, and it might be the last highlight we see from him for at least a few games.
Budinger went down with a knee injury midway through the fourth quarter. The X-rays were negative, and he’ll be reevaluated Sunday. But it didn’t look good.
Kent Youngblood of the Star Tribune has the details:
The injury occurred midway through a brutally physical fourth quarter. The Bulls, protecting the basket like madmen (they had five fourth-quarter blocks) held a 78-70 lead when Dante Cunningham‘s 16-foot shot was blocked by Taj Gibson. In the ensuing scrum, Budinger — who had started in place of Roy — was hurt. Adelman thought his player had been pushed. Budinger, who initially didn’t speak with reporters, spoke briefly with NBA.com as he was leaving for the team bus.
“It was one of those crazy plays where my foot got stuck,” he said. “It got tangled up. I felt my leg twist. … The injuries are tough. It’s frustrating because I’ve never had a knee problem [like this].”
Minnesota has a talented group that should be competing for a playoff spot. But the team has been absolutely ravaged by injuries, so the hope is that the latest one isn’t too serious, and that the losses don’t pile up to the point where it makes coming back in the standings too tall of a task.
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 93
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 11
- Report: Clippers pull out of talks with Celtics 30
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit 83
- If Spurs win, Tony Parker should be the Finals MVP 24
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (93)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'