Nov 11, 2012, 1:19 PM EDT
The dunk above by Chase Budinger came early on in the Timberwolves’ loss in Chicago on Saturday, and it might be the last highlight we see from him for at least a few games.
Budinger went down with a knee injury midway through the fourth quarter. The X-rays were negative, and he’ll be reevaluated Sunday. But it didn’t look good.
Kent Youngblood of the Star Tribune has the details:
The injury occurred midway through a brutally physical fourth quarter. The Bulls, protecting the basket like madmen (they had five fourth-quarter blocks) held a 78-70 lead when Dante Cunningham‘s 16-foot shot was blocked by Taj Gibson. In the ensuing scrum, Budinger — who had started in place of Roy — was hurt. Adelman thought his player had been pushed. Budinger, who initially didn’t speak with reporters, spoke briefly with NBA.com as he was leaving for the team bus.
“It was one of those crazy plays where my foot got stuck,” he said. “It got tangled up. I felt my leg twist. … The injuries are tough. It’s frustrating because I’ve never had a knee problem [like this].”
Minnesota has a talented group that should be competing for a playoff spot. But the team has been absolutely ravaged by injuries, so the hope is that the latest one isn’t too serious, and that the losses don’t pile up to the point where it makes coming back in the standings too tall of a task.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 5
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 6
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 10
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 18
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31