Nov 10, 2012, 7:59 AM EDT
Whoever becomes the next head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers he may have to wait a while to get Steve Nash in the lineup.
The Lakers announced Friday that Nash will be out at least another week, missing games against Sacramento (Sunday), San Antonio (Tuesday) and Phoenix (Friday). The Lakers are 2-2 in games where Nash did not play.
Nash suffered a non-displaced fracture (meaning a small fracture where the bones are still aligned) to his shin area after a Halloween night collision with Blazers rookie Damian Lillard. It’s not serious, but it’s still a broken leg and he can’t really push off and run on it.
Nash has been back doing on the court drills with a Lakers assistant, but the team are not going to rush him back. Whoever the new coach is, he is going to need Nash to contend for a title like the Lakers want. Of course, if that is Phil Jackson and Nash has to find his way in the triangle, it’s going to get interesting.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 16
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14