Nov 10, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
This one is going to hurt. And when you’re 1-4, you don’t need more things that hurt.
Kyle Lowry — the Raptors leading scorer, assist man and best player this season, is out Saturday against the 76ers with a sprained right ankle, the team announced. He turned the ankle in the Raptors loss to Oklahoma City Tuesday. That would be the same ankle he sprained this summer and he said he was going to take time in coming back to make sure it is right. Don’t be shocked if he misses more games.
The Raptors also will be without Landry Fields for the game with a sore wrist. He is thinking of getting a second opinion on the wrist next week.
Lowry is averaging 18.3 points a game on 54.5 percent shooting (44.4 percent from three), 6.3 assists and 5.8 rebounds a game. He has a ridiculous PER of 31.3 in this young season. Those are monster numbers.
Jose Calderon will start for Lowry, and while Calderon has been solid he has not been spectacular like Lowry.
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 19
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 10
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 15
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months