Chris Paul now owns part of a professional bowling team

Nov 10, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT

Chris Paul bowling Getty Images

Chris Paul loves to bowl. Some of you just raised your eyebrows but I’m not kidding, he loves to bowl. He hosts a celebrity bowling tournament every year and everything.

And now he owns part of a new professional bowling team.

The PBA (the professional bowling tour folks) have decided to try and grab some market share by taking the world’s best bowlers and putting them on teams, just like your local bowling league. Eight teams, ESPN broadcasts, drama, excitement, something you can relate to.

And Paul owns a part of the Los Angeles team, reports my man Arash Markazi at ESPNLA.com’s Clipper Report.

Paul, along with former Los Angeles Rams running back Jerome Bettis, Terrell Owens and Kevin Hart, became the first celebrity owners in the inaugural season of the Professional Bowlers Association’s PBA League.

“This is exciting for me and for the sport of bowling,” Paul told PBA.com. “I love PBA action, have enjoyed getting to know many of the top bowlers and look forward to my team competing for the first PBA League Elias Cup.”

If it’s anything like the Clippers, Paul and CAA should have a big say in his new team’s makeup.

And for the record, when CP3, Bettis and TO hang out in the owners suite (or wherever owners hang out at a bowling event, probably the dive bar that is required to be attached to every alley), I want to be a fly on the wall. There will be some good stories flying around that group.

1. 4thquartermagic - Nov 10, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Thought Terrell Owens was declaring bankruptcy?

Wait, he’s investing in a professional bowling team you say?

His financial problems are solved!

2. michaeljordanseviltwin - Nov 10, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I bowled in a tournament with Jerome Bettis when I was 15! ProAm kind of thing. Best part is that my team won. Anyway I’ve seen Chris Paul bowl and he’s pretty good too.

3. imforbigblue - Nov 10, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Wow who cares

4. gallaghedj311 - Nov 10, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I look forward to probowlingtalk. Where do I send my resume? Bc currently, this part time gig I have at a boing alley ain’t cutting it.

• rca26 - Nov 11, 2012 at 10:59 AM

boing alley

5. pike573 - Nov 10, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Former Los Angeles Rams RB? That’s what people remember…

6. Carl Hancock - Nov 10, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Isn’t TO broke?

7. omniusprime - Nov 11, 2012 at 9:13 AM

As they say a fool and his money soon go separate ways. What a joke pro bowling teams!!! Sorry I loved bowling when I was young but pro bowling is about as interesting as watching paint dry, wait watching paint dry is far more interesting. The only sport more sad than pro bowling is NHL hockey, hope they lose the entire season since it wouldn’t actually be a loss to anyone other than NHL trash. Anyway Sissy Chris Paul had better hope his bowling team wins a championship for him because he sure won’t win one with perennial losers the Clippers, the second best LA NBA team.

8. cablelayer - Nov 11, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Make me want to watch Kingpin

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches